Different ways to create minecraft skies

Ouranos's Avatar Ouranos2/28/24 12:35 pm
2/29/2024 2:38 pm
ScotsMiser's Avatar ScotsMiser
I have heard of 2 sky-making methods, one is the traditional mirroring method, I thought that was the only one which existed but then I found out about inversine's method which is better imo, I was wondering if there are any others, also tell me which one do you all prefer among the both?
Ouranos
Level 39 : Artisan Pyro

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Finnodile
02/28/2024 11:04 pm
Level 26 : Expert Goblin
easy:
blue concrete square
obviously the best choice
ScotsMiser
02/28/2024 9:40 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Miner
history
The only difference I see in these vids is how to patch the artifacts when the turnkey program doe its mapping.

[I've looked for how to create MC skys but have yet to find anything that does not rely on this turnkey.
Pointers to cush a tutorial would be appreciated…]

There are a great many ways of patching, blending, or otherwise extending a portion of an image to make the finished product appear seemless.
Other than the copy and fading mask techniques shown, clone painting is probably the most effective and avoids mirroring (which can otherwise be quite evident). [​This involves creating one (or more) empty layer above teh layer to be fixed into which are 'painted' portions of the base layer using the clone tool.]
Ouranos
02/28/2024 10:34 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Pyro
Right, we can certainly use the clone tool to blend too but sometimes we have certain parts of skies which can't be reused like some part of a planet or something, what do you do in such cases
ScotsMiser
02/29/2024 2:38 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Miner
history
[I thought I had written back earlier today, but the post seems to have been lost ¯\_(ツ)_/¯]

Assuming the offending element does not 'turn the corner" between sides of the box, one can clone paint in iteratively on several new layers then flatten the rsult for use.

If this results in too evident a repeat of design elements one can:
  use a different (similar) sky image as a source [​possibly doing some color matching first]
  create s temporary souce image by mixing & matching various parts of the base iamge (possibly including various layer modes to disguise the process)
  create asource image by using warp / map-to-object or similar features from some fairly innocuous part of the base image

These may also be combined…

If the offending element does turn the corner[​s], I'd recommend creating a temporary image by butting the relevant sides of the cube properly, then proceed as above until the element is removed. One would then partition the temporary image and replace each of the original sides with the corresponding part.

Overal, painting in a BG to remove an unwanted part of an image is a skill that takes practice, but starfields/skyscapes are relatively easy compared to something like rebui;ding a Persian rug to remove a sleeping cat (which is tedious, but doable).
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome