Recruiting multiple positions in rpg+skyblock+kingdom server

aaa8881's Avatar aaa88814/25/18 1:07 am history
1 emeralds 297 8
6/21/2018 3:57 am
aaa8881's Avatar aaa8881

How to apply: email with sufficient material to show your complementary requirement and possibly optional requirement to junpark8903@gmail.com , with your age and minecraft nickname. Refer to individual position’s assessment method below. Contact discord signition#0830 if you have any questions.

Disclaimer: Sigcraft development team recruits talented and respectful team members. We expect you to finish your work in time, respect others, and communicate with respect. If you leak any information notoriously, make disharmony inside of team, or lack of workability, you may be expelled.

Before we start…

Hello. My name is signition. I have run Korean minecraft server for few years. My Last server was maintained for around 1 year and 3 months. The server had around 250 concurrent players during vacation, and around 150 at other times. There are very limited minecraft players in Korea, and the biggest server only has less than 200ish player currently ( June , 2018 ) I had temporarily quitted running server for some personal reason. This “personal reason” is somewhat long to explain, but briefly speaking, I was tired of checking and maintaining server, lost interest and motivation, and lost reason why I was doing it. Now, I decided to start over again with some other plan. Unlike past times, I decided to make dev team, make server much bigger and greater to fulfill my desire to make better server, and to provide better gaming experience to minecraft player, and ultimately make more players to be attracted to minecraft in Korea. When the project is ready, server will be launched both in Korea and United States. It is possible that I am going to connect two instances with redis, but that is problem to consider after finishing project, so I won’t bother to worry too much about it at this moment. I am actively recruiting members now, and actual project will not start until team is ready to be launched. I will talk about this more if you are interested in , or if you are accepted as one of our team members. I am currently recruiting developers, planners, and builders. Requirement of each position is specified, so please read relevant thread thoroughly to understand.

Developer - Program

Expected level of applicant: VERY HIGH

Complementary requirement

# understanding on basics of Java.

# experience of bukkit API

# understanding on basic DB, git, linux

# evidence of development such as github page or equivalent works

Optional requirement

# experience of bungeecord API

# experience of external API such as netty or redis

# experience of making public/private minecraft plugins

# understanding on flexible development methods such as agile.

# experience on web development

Expected work

# write various bukkit plugin with functionality that decent public plugin can’t meet our needs.

# write few bungeecord plugins with same reason of above.

# write an addon of public or private plugin to add functionality of our needs.

# improve an open source plugin if we need some functionality, and it is believed to be generally useful for that plugin as well.

Applicant assessment

#1. Check given material to show complementary requirement and optional requirement ( if there is any )

#2. real time and chat interview via discord

#2 can be skipped if there are enough evidence to prove your works.

Developer - Configure

Expected level of applicant: MODERATE

# English ability to read plugin documentations and server plans.

# Plenty of time and passion to try and test

Optional Requirement

# experience of minecraft server development.

Expected Work

# Create plugin with quest plugin based on server plan

# Create npc , objects( such as head ) , and misc stuff in the map

# Create item with certain specification based on server plan

# Any development that does not require any programming knowledge.

# Test everything that are developed via in-game

Applicant assessment

#1. Check application

#2. Real time or chat interview via discord

#2 can be skipped if there are enough evidence to prove your works.

Developer- Skript

Expected level of applicant: VERY HIGH

# able to implement functionality via skript

# comfortable with using skript addons.

Optional Requirement

# understand basic of programming ( in general )

Expected Work

# implement any functionality that does not require high performance , and many miscellaneous implementations. (does not mean it is not complex)

Applicant assessment

# via test, and after optional interview.

Test link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MWkSXnkiBtt6Q3nMSsd0M1_WWqUbT0-o_02WcUYgQGg/edit?usp=sharing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Planner - General

Expected level of applicant: HIGH ~ VERY HIGH

# Able to arrange your thinking in logical order in readable format.

# experience on variety of books, media, and well made game. Please be advised that Overwatch, CSGO, PUBG, LOL are not considered as variety of gaming experience.

# Able to discuss with others with respect.

# Passion and creativity on server development

Optional Requirement

# experience on server development

Expected Work

# plan rpg mechanism, skills, monsters.

# plan pvp mechanism, pvp minigame rules , and items

# plan items, balance things out.

# do research on minerals, fish, or anything else that will be used via in game

Applicant assessment

# via test, and optional interview

Test link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1E6DJJ77Ysoe3hAdsjkg4RiWNwD9ZwqFkLbPKEAV5AQg/edit?usp=sharing

Planner - Story

# Able to arrange your thinking in logical order in readable format.

# experience on variety of books, media, and well made game. Please be advised that Overwatch, CSGO, PUBG, LOL are not considered as variety of gaming experience.

# Able to discuss with others with respect.

# Passion and creativity on server development

Optional Requirement

# experience on making story for game

Expected Work

# create rpg background

# create quests.

Applicant assessment

# via test, and optional interview. Must do #3 and #4 in test.

Planner - Gameplay

# plenty of experience on different well-made minecraft server and maps.

# experience on minecraft parkour, puzzle(adventure)

# experience on many different genres of games( non-minecraft )

Optional Requirement

# many other experience on different minecraft servers

Expected Work

# design and alter parkour map in more “fun” way

# design and alter puzzle of maps in more “fun” way

# help testing things out in game

Applicant assessment

# via chat or real time interview

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Design - General

# able to create design by yourself

Optional Requirement

# hand drawing

Expected Work

# create server banner, logo, and poster

# design for website

Applicant assessment

# via portfolio and optional interview

Design - Resourcepack

Expected level of applicant: HIGH ~ VERY HIGH

# able to create resourcepack

# able to design by yourself

Optional Requirement

# able to create 3d modelling

Expected Work

# create resourcepack for various situations

Applicant assessment

Builder

Expected level of applicant: LOW~VERY HIGH

# able to build in medieval theme

Optional Requirement

# able to create mega structure or builds.

Expected Work

# build stuffs in medieval theme in RPG map

Applicant assessment

Instead of providing boring text, I will demonstrate how would a imaginary player would play inside of the server. It will try to show different contents of servers , and be somewhat realistic.

Player A

Total playtime: 40h

Like: Farming, building

Summary: Player A is a light player who enjoys server around couple hours daily during weekdays, and slightly more in weekend. His major interest is build some houses, and farm his crops. He is not a competitive player, but makes money for his friend who is heavily competitive in PVP.

Dislike: PVP

00:00 Player A connected to the server

00:02 Player A went to chestroom in his island , and check his stocks.

00:08 Player A navigated to RPG world. Player A checks priceboard for potato which is viable in town noticeboard. He found potato is currently 240% price at “mulin” town which is about 8min walk from “stivaka” town where he is at.

00:15 Player A went back to his island, filled all of his “backpack” with potato, and teleport back to RPG world to go “mulin” town in order to sell potato in higher price.

00: 28 Player A used warp to “nimbark” city where it is closest to “mulin” town as he can not directly warp to “mulin”” town. Now he took his horse out, and naviagte to “mulin” town.

00:34 Player A arrived at “mulin” town , but price has dropped from 240% to 220%. He still thinks it is good enough, so sold all potato at “mulin” town merchant. He made 850k gold.

00:36 Player A went back to his island and started collecting wheat in his farm.

00: 45 Player A went back to RPG world, decide to do “farmer kim’s daily request” , which is collection of daily request - mostly related to farming goods that you can do in “mulin” town. Collection of daily quests are consisted of various activities such as deliver certain goods, breaking numbers of crops, craft something, and so on.

01:20 Player A finished “farmer kim’s daily request” and received 2500 farming xp. He leveled up to lv89 farmer with one extra skill point. He decided to invest his skill point to “farmer’s golden hand” which increases probability to get extra crops on harvest.

01:30 Player A’s friends connected into server, and he chat with his friend, and chilled out for half hour.

02:00 Player A disconnected.

Player B

Total playtime: 100h

Like: no specific interest

Dislike: farming

Summary: Player B is somewhat competitive player. He likes almost everything but find farming not too interesting. He is friend of player A and lives with player A in the same island.

01:30 Player B connected.

01:30 He found player A is connected. He chilled out with Player A, building some house, chat his life issues and stuff for half hour.

02:00 Player A disconnected. He now decides to farm some rpg xp. He geared up, and went to east field of “malibu” where lv80s monsters are around. He grinded for 40 minutes, and leveled up to lv79 to 80. He felt like he needs better gear, so decided to take a look at marketplace.

02:40 Some people were selling decent weapon he wants , but he felt those are slightly overpriced - and most importantly, all of his other gears are fire element where he couldn’t find any fire element weapon. He decided to ask people who to gain decent weapon for lv80

02: 55 He found there are two ways of gaining gear : from crafting and dropping, and learned crafted gears have more potential than dropped gears at the end. He looked into the crafting, but well, found out lv80 sword requires lv8 crafting which he can’t make today which a lot of material.

03:20 He found out some players are offering crafting service with small fee when they receive material. The crafter requested him 20 earth crystals , 10 rubies, and 64 compressed iron and 100 of certificate of bravery. He knows iron is most available in quarry under the town “milan” , but not sure about ruby and earth crystal. Anyways, he decided to go mine some iron at quarry. He went back to RPG world, navigated to town “milan” and started mining.

03:45 While mining, his mining level has increased from 45 to 46. His mining pay modifier has increased from 3.05 to 3.09 , and gained a skill point. He decided to use skill point to “lucky digger” which gives you higher chance to avoid debuffs in the mine that happen periodically with certain chance because he really hates it.

04:00 He sold a lot of stone, and only stored iron. He went to local blacksmith and compressed iron to compressed iron. He could only grind 30 compressed iron today.

04: 05 He recognized that envoy announcement indicates a TIER III envoy has been supplied only 230 blocks away from where he is. He took his horse, and rode their with hurry.

04: 06 He arrived at the place, and achieved goods. He found some gold, enhance stones, TIER 4 water pickaxe, and some xp scrolls.

04: 10 Now he is happy, and decided to chill on 1vs1 ranked no-item pvp. He played several ranked pvp games, won 5 of them and lost 4. His solo pvp elo has increased from 1205 to 1223.

04: 40 He called the day.

Player C

Total playtime: 600h

Like: RPG, PVP

Dislike: none

Summary: player C is a competitive player. He was #2 player at last month of “overall ranking” which reset every months. He is a member of #1 guild. He is an excellent PVP player, and also have great gears.

00:00 Player C connected to the server

00:05 He collected all of his farm. There are variety of farms since Player C cares about crafting to make more money with limited output. While harvesting, his farming level has increased to 125 from 124, and made 550k gold by farming job. His farming payment modifier is now 6.805.

00: 30 He finished collecting his crops. Now, he “hires” temporary worker to replant crops for him. While temporary worker is planting for him, he decided to do “Mr.Gong’s problem” which is a collection of weekly quests.

00:55 The worker finished replanting, so he paid him 250k gold. His guild has scheduled war to defend one of his dominating city, “neplan” against at 1:00 , so he geared up and wait for war to start.

01:00 Neplan’s war type is team deathmatch. It is 5vs5 fight, and whoever got 20 kill first wins. His guild won the war, gained extra 12 influence point on Neplan.

01:30 He started mining to farm as many “earth seed” , as these are one of required item to craft “imperial katana” - a great weapon for pvp. He stayed at mine for next 90 minutes.

04:00 He decided to go through dungeon and do some daily quests along with them. He finished “the hive” , “hidden treasure under the forest” , “abandoned mine - misreef “ , and “ deep forest and the butterfly “ dungeon. There are bonus on dungeon when you clear that first time on that day. It resets every day.

06:00 His guild has war for “Kotino” city as they decided to attack the city. The war type of this city is domination. They won the war, and gained 22 influence point. Now current enemy guild only has 120 point while they have 82 points. Within two more fights, they’ll control the city.

06:30 He collected his crop, and called the day.

aaa8881
Level 1 : New Miner