Skinning inspiration needed

DreamWanderer's Avatar DreamWanderer12/19/21 2:10 pm
1/1/2022 3:14 pm
kiwibirb's Avatar kiwibirb
Hello there :) Since I am all new to skinning, and decided to maybe start doing it regularly. I figured I would ask some of you more experienced skinners :) Since I have no originality what so ever lol,

• Where do you all get inspiration for skins? Like their outfits and colors

• Would you all have any ideas for skins you would like to see me "try" to make, themes ideas, etc?
DreamWanderer
Level 85 : Elite Pegasus

Create an account or sign in to comment.

kiwibirb
01/01/2022 3:14 pm
Level 24 : Expert Skinner
birb of prey (goofy, since it's a birb.)
Pyne Tree
12/27/2021 2:53 pm
Level 49 : Master Demolitionist
history
I usually only do commissions now but I've definitely had my fair share of "oh god what do I do next!"

My best tools/advice:
Palette generators- I don't always use every color but they're a nice way to get the vibe of a skin you want to make. Save a color code or two if you really like it. :)

Word generators/name generators- Funny enough, word generators have helped in finding cool combinations of words/concepts that I wouldn't have thought up otherwise. If you see a word/name you like, write it down! There's no harm in it at the end of the day.

Research trends- Don't be afraid to reach out and look at different skin websites/apps to see what's going on in the (idk minecraft fashion world?? lol) You never know where you're gonna get inspiration from. Sometimes I find bases/outfits I enjoy and save them to a folder for future inspiration.

Annndd finally: follow your heart. - This is the most important one!!! Make what you want to make and don't drive yourself to a burnout. Remember to take time to relax and enjoy your art.

I hope this helps even just a little bit!
RainstxrmDesign
12/27/2021 2:35 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Enchanter
I look up outfit ideas on google for outfits, and then I usually would use a palette generator, but since im more experienced now, i dont use it anymore. I do look at the trending page for inspo on what I should make next.
junakai
12/23/2021 7:16 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Skinner
I am new to Planet Minecraft but not making skins. I have been making them for about 2 years.

Where I get my inspiration is colors. So, for instance, if I use orange I typically think of Halloween or a pumpkin. With cyan I think of a snowflake or water. For the outfits I will use the same example. Orange, since I think Halloween, “what if I do a pumpkin mask or shirt?” And cyan I think it would be cold so a nice warm hoodie or sweater.

Hope this helps!

junakai out.
Mr_Fidd
12/23/2021 7:03 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Warrior
Usually I make a skin off of a movie or game. Sometimes I just make a skin straight out of my head. I usually do that when I'm making one that I'm gonna use myself.
AwkwardSnowy
12/20/2021 6:41 am
Level 30 : Artisan Procrastinator
i usually check out famous artists' stuff and take some inspo from what they do.
as for the ideas...
well human skins are all over the place.
Pluvia
12/20/2021 5:35 am
She/Her • Level 37 : Artisan Kitten uwu
You create amazing vehicle builds. Maybe you’ll be interested in making Transformers skins? And personally my favorite skin topic is furry ^w^
Shubhanstream22
12/20/2021 12:22 am
Level 28 : Expert Musician
a furturistic Red Robin (dc)
HollyKitty
12/20/2021 12:16 am
Level 26 : Expert Chef
any animal skins like cats or dogs or something
FiMiS
12/19/2021 11:54 pm
Level 55 : Grandmaster Zombie
house walker

yep a house;
Sus Sus
12/19/2021 10:48 pm
Level 29 : Expert Sus
Christmas Skins
MJ_mcMaster
12/19/2021 8:38 pm
Level 56 : Grandmaster Lego Builder
i like to make dtuff likr

anime
StarzBoy
12/19/2021 6:55 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Procrastinator
history
I'll generally browse the PMC skin page and commit very minor plagiarism when I see something I like.

Sometimes I'll get random inspiration if I see a cool outfit in a movie - like the Snatchers from Harry Potter.

(Have yet to make this one into a skin, very nice tho 👌)

Scabior

FishStacks
12/19/2021 3:18 pm
Level 72 : Legendary Stack
i usually look at character skins from video games for inspiration
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome