New Skin Shading Style! Ideas?

munchiesyum's Avatar munchiesyum9/23/13 9:14 pm history
1 emeralds 475 7
9/23/2013 10:29 pm
munchiesyum's Avatar munchiesyum
munchiesyum
Level 22 : Expert Pixel Painter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

the_soup
09/23/2013 9:53 pm
Level 72 : Legendary Button Pusher
Try making a skin with only three shades per each color. Or only less than ten shades total (here's an example of a skin I did with only 8 colors: http://www.planetminecraft.com/skin/rus ... n-in-desc/ ). Doing this really forces you to re-think how you shade things if you're used to using many different colors instead of only a few.
munchiesyum
09/23/2013 10:29 pm
This is a challenge I may try. It sounds like difficult buisness but maybe if I do it right I could expand on it and add the fianl 2 shades to each part
SkinSkyrim
09/23/2013 9:29 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Network
Well don't be afraid to try new thing's there are many ways messy,hue.diagonal hue, and much more i suggest looking at other peoples skins and try to find a shading style you like. i Just saw someones that i loved and they said they may teach me hope i helped
munchiesyum
09/23/2013 9:39 pm
You did help! I'll try to work on this. Sadly though a lot of the people I want be able to shade like probably don't have the time to teach me....What do you suggest I do? Should I try and base my shading off theirs with no tutorial or help? Although this method seems good unless I can talk to the person it might be difficult to extract my own shading style.
KnobleKnives
09/23/2013 9:50 pm
Level 71 : Legendary Lad
Try checking out tutorials by various artists like Leostereo, Sneeze7, and Danori. They have really helpful tutorials. Maybe even study and combine different shading techniques. Put your own twists on the styles of other artists. It is quite difficult to come up with your style, believe me on that. It took me two years to get a real style going. But in taking that path, you'll find your own unique way of skinning.
Though it may be true that many skinners don't have the time to teach full-time, you can still PM artists with questions.
You can PM me with any questions if you need help. I'll try to do my best to answer them.
munchiesyum
09/23/2013 10:23 pm
I think I will PM you. Looking at all these different shading styles and picking out the best elements of each is probably a good idea. Thanks Knoble!
keldeo_10
09/23/2013 9:21 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Pokemon
I have the exact same issue. Please help guys
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome