Need feedback on my skins.

REALDogeMaster's Avatar REALDogeMaster4/10/16 11:45 am
1 emeralds 448 5
4/10/2016 2:16 pm
Aegeah's Avatar Aegeah
So, I made 2 skins in the past 2 hours.

They are my first 2 Starting-From-Scratch or whatever skins.
The one I'm using is the Fidget skin, but with blue eyes and gloves.
Fidget is from the xbox.

So these 2 I didn't copy anything.

Also, luckily, when I got my fidget skin I didn't have a PMC account, so I didn't post it.

Feedback and 1-10 rating would be appreciated.

Derpy Ghost McDonalds Worker: http://www.planetminecraft.com/skin/der ... ds-worker/

Minecrafter 2.0: http://www.planetminecraft.com/skin/min ... 0-3661029/

Poll ended 04/24/2016 11:45 am.

REALDogeMaster
Level 16 : Journeyman Pokemon

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Aegeah
04/10/2016 2:16 pm
Level 69 : High Grandmaster Fisherman
If you want your skins to be noticed and appreciated in any way, you're going to need to learn how to shade. To start learning, you can look at other skinners' skins and base your shading off theirs - don't copy pixel for pixel, however.

You're also going to want to make your skins a tad more complex/original skins. For example, skins which don't have one colour for the whole of the clothing, and skins that have more detail. I know it's hard to do with pixels, but the skill will come in time.

Something which is very important in making a good skin is colour. From what I can see of your skins, you have one colour for skin and one colour for clothes then that's it. What you're going to want to do is experiment with colour combinations to get maximum impact with your skin. Be wary of using those bright neon colours in abundance, too, as it causes eye strain and can put some people off. That's not to say that neon colours are a bad thing, but when there are a lot of bright neon colours you should tone it down a little to avoid making your skins look like a cluster of brightness.

If you want advice on anything else, then you can always message me and I can help you out.
REALDogeMaster
04/10/2016 12:01 pm
@above I thank you alot! I knew I needed shading, but didn't think it was an issue.
JozyP
04/10/2016 12:35 pm
Level 42 : Master Pixel Painter
Use quote to copy what others have said in the forum, not '@'. Just some helpful advice.
Runninlikcraz
04/10/2016 11:52 am
Level 63 : High Grandmaster Hero
Current Rating: 3

Your skins are extremely simple and have no shading whatsoever. They are very basic and most of the time people won't use one-tone skins.
That being said you still have much time to improve. You're just starting out so this is alright, but once you feel comfortable stepping up to the next level in skinning, try adding shade to your skins. Even if it's only using a noise filter, anything helps. Once you really feel like you are ready to skin like a pro, try using a style of some of the best skinners on PMC or develop your own.

Remember, this is CONSTRUCTIVE critiscm, I did not mean any of this in a mean way.
Wish you luck on Planet Minecraft!
REALDogeMaster
04/10/2016 11:46 am
Again, I'm only a beginner. Give me feedback I'd be able to do.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome