Can I have some feedback on my first skin?

WigglyPuff's Avatar WigglyPuff12/29/14 12:08 pm
1 emeralds 840 8
12/31/2014 10:22 am
Ludicrous's Avatar Ludicrous
Hullo puffers! Just wanted to know if I could get some feedback on my first skin
If this is considered self advertizing, PM me and i'll delete this thread. The skin is under my profile if you want to check it out and review it. Thanks!
WigglyPuff
Level 13 : Journeyman Narwhal

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Ludicrous
12/31/2014 10:22 am
Level 68 : High Grandmaster Senpai
Ladranaa
12/29/2014 2:48 pm
Level 51 : Grandmaster Artist
It's a cool look but yep the shading is key. Good job
WigglyPuff
12/29/2014 2:40 pm
Thanks for the feedback! Just saying, according to Oblivion_Gamer I did hue-shift. And yeah, I kind of messed up with having colors be in weird places. But the skin looked weird on it, and its supposed to be blue n.n
craftykids
12/29/2014 2:01 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Pixel Painter
Doing what Phant said would be good, but there are also places where you should make the colors more similar. Having blue on the backs of the arms and then cyan right next to it on the sides looks sort of weird. The top of the head doesn't quite go with with the sides, and the bottoms of the feet seem like they should be darker.
Also, there's blue in places where it seems like there should be skin, like the bottoms of the head and arms, and the bottom row on the arms' fronts and backs.
I also dislike the fact that it's a "teen" skin without anything obviously special about it, but that's just me.
Phant
12/29/2014 1:05 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Network
Try to vary the color pallete. It looks too blue, and sometimes it's hard to tell different parts from eachother. You should also try hue shifting, tutorial here: http://www.planetminecraft.com/blog/tut ... -shifting/
Daenerys_Targaryen
12/29/2014 12:53 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Skinner
Not bad! It might just be me, but with skins I like to use a mix of neon and darker shades, you could try that! I dont find much faults.
WigglyPuff
12/29/2014 12:36 pm
Yeah, I'm redoing the leg shading. Its not consistent :/
Star
12/29/2014 12:17 pm
Level 50 : Grandmaster Cowboy
try to keep consistent shading all throughout the skin, but that's pretty much it. i really like the arm shading and the colours. C:
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome