World Painter + Gaea Terrain Generation | Render Dump Before Deletingmap

jefro2025's Avatar jefro202511/2/23 11:30 am
2 emeralds 130 3
11/2/2023 3:52 pm
SnappNote's Avatar SnappNote
Hi All! I've been messing around with Gaea Terrain Generation the last couple of weeks to create some custom Minecraft maps. Wanted to share a few images of the maps here to get some feedback / thoughts on how they can best be used, if there's any interest in these types of custom maps, or any ideas you'd like to see implemented for me to test out my skills. I'm taking a break from Minecraft for a while and cleaning up my desktop files, couldn't bring myself to delete these pics until I had them shared somewhere.

Please let me know which one of these maps you like the best! Will help me in future projects.

Here are a few of the custom terrains:

Desert Crater-River Erosion.

Tropical Island - High Vegetation.

Map 7 - Desert Geography.

Map 7 - Fantasy Geography (Flooded).

Alpine Foothills - River.

Alpine - Large Cliff Erosion.

Poll ended 11/05/2023 11:30 am.

jefro2025
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

SnappNote
11/02/2023 12:51 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Musician Nerd
history
the crater looks awesome! desert geography and alpine foothills are close favorites of mine.

also, how have you imported the terrain from gaea into worldpainter and textured it?
jefro2025
11/02/2023 3:21 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Thank you! I can't figure out texturing in Gaea atm, a little to complicated for me. My texturing process is like this:

1. Create Terrain Heightmap in Gaea - Export .PNG Height Map
2. Import .PNG Height Map to World Machine - Use Quick Texture Node - Export .PNG Colorized Bitmap
3. Import .PNG Height Map to World Painter - Adjust Height Scale - Start with Blank Grass Terrain
4. I downloaded a custom script for World Painter that lets me populate terrain from a referenced image. ColorToTerrain Here.
5. Run the Script. Selecting the exported .PNG Colorized Bitmap file. Usually this gets me pretty close the the coloring I want, but the script isn't smart enough to know certain blocks are nonsensical. For example, it will use Lime Green Terracotta instead of grass for most bitmap files I provide. This is where I'll go through the global edit commands and replace materials I don't want in my world.
SnappNote
11/02/2023 3:52 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Musician Nerd
Cool! thanks
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome