The Biggest Minecraft Survival Build Ever!

PitchBright's Avatar PitchBright8/1/13 5:41 am
12/23/2013 12:48 pm
mrwizard70's Avatar mrwizard70
Newest video:

Previous video:

Our team of 30+ people have been working 24/7 for the last 14 months to create the biggest minecraft survival build ever. We think it would be really cool if Mojang were to feature this megabuild at Minecon 2013, so that we can put the final pieces of stone on the build for the Minecon attendees and Minecon's live streaming audience. Our hope is to have Guiness Book of World Records present us with the official record, live, for the minecraft community, at Minecon.

Please share this video to bring awareness to all of the hard work everybody has put into it, and hopefully Mojang will hear about us in time for Minecon 2013!

Thank you to all of our friends on PlanetMinecraft and in the Minecraft community!
PitchBright
Level 30 : Artisan Engineer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

EpicAwesome1
10/26/2013 10:23 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Pixel Painter
The amount of idiots on this thread hurts my mind. I no longer have faith in humanity.
mrwizard70
12/23/2013 12:48 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Architect
SOMEONE ON THE INTERNET WITH FAITH IN HUMANITY????????????? WHAT BLASPHEMY IS THIS
is_there
10/26/2013 10:21 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Dragonborn
I could build this in 5 mins with world edit.
PitchBright
10/26/2013 10:36 pm
No you couldn't. If you could, please go ahead and do it, and then send me the pictures with your dimensions, so I can show you how you've embarrassed yourself by speaking out of turn.
Ramman1526
10/26/2013 10:28 pm
Level 23 : Expert Pokemon
Not survival.
Cndmwavoo
10/26/2013 10:11 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Cowboy
I think the haters are pretty ignorant. I've tried building large WALLS by hand, in CREATIVE, and it still took hours. Building a pyramid in MODDED SURVIVIVAL, BY HAND, is very, VERY, hard. Especially if it's a 1:1 REPLICA, as stated above.
And people saying that it's a waste of time, are wasting their time by sticking around this thread just to make Pitch angry. Pointless.

This is a seriously awesome build, though!
Krypto
10/26/2013 10:22 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Mage
I like the build and I liked it a lot more until I read what the guy said back to the comments. He was being a jerk to them.
Cndmwavoo
10/26/2013 10:25 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Cowboy
Well, if you worked 14 freakin' months on a build and people were hating on it, I think you'd be a jerk too. And, no need to shoot the messenger. Attitude doesn't affect the build in any way. :/
PitchBright
10/26/2013 10:35 pm
Thanks for the back-up.

I don't think I was being a jerk at all. I simply counter with the same measure that people throw at me. The reason I look like the jerk, is because I'm better at communicating my point than they are.

What? I'm supposed to just take crap from ignorant strangers and not say anything back? LOL.
PitchBright
10/26/2013 10:17 pm
Thanks. And just so you know, I'm not angry. At all. All of the ill-contrived posts that people make, only serve to re-inforce, in my mind, just how incomprehensible this project is to the average joe. They can't begin to understand it, and their natural inclination is to attack it. It's a classic case-in-point, and I'm more than happy to perpetuate the cycle. My job is to bring awareness to the project, and even the people that are hating on it, are serving the purpose that I have for them.
Ramman1526
10/26/2013 10:03 pm
Level 23 : Expert Pokemon
This thread is an example of the worst of the minecraft community. Just try to imagine the EFFORT it took to make this. The pyramid is made out of stone. You need silk touch or lots of furnaces to mine that. Even if it isnt the biggest you gotta appreciate the amount of time people have put into it.
PitchBright
10/26/2013 10:07 pm
No point in trying to explain it to them... they won't understand unless the pictures have shaders or are heavily photoshopped to the point that they are barely recognizable as to what Minecraft really is. These kids need moarrrr pictures. They can't comprehend the intense strategy, planning, problem-solving and mathematics involved in orchestrating such a build.
AuZor
10/26/2013 9:51 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Whatever stops you from crying, kid.

I'll go make something worth my time, peace.
PitchBright
10/26/2013 9:52 pm
Because you couldn't make this pyramid.
Krypto
10/26/2013 10:00 pm
It's a bunch of squares laid on top of each other 1 being 1 block smaller than the other.
PitchBright
10/26/2013 10:04 pm
No, it's a 1:1 Scale replica of The Great Pyramid of Giza.
AuZor
10/26/2013 9:54 pm
You're so fucking stupid...
I'll leave that job for you
PitchBright
10/26/2013 9:57 pm
Wow, you're so emotionally invested in this that your vocabulary dipped to a neolithic level.
Kettle
10/26/2013 9:48 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Archer
All i see is a Pyramid Nothing special there. It may be the biggest, it may not. Either way it doesn't catch my eye or interest me. I was hoping for more of something that i haven't seen before.
PitchBright
10/26/2013 9:53 pm
The math involved in recreating that pyramid would blow your mind, if you could understand it.
Krypto
10/26/2013 10:01 pm
Hmm I need a 100x100 block area wow that was some hard math. Let me go brag about it on PMC
PitchBright
10/26/2013 10:06 pm
See, even you can't do the BASIC math involved in laying out the build site for the job. You can forget about the complex geometry involved.
is_there
10/26/2013 9:46 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Dragonborn
Well I just wasted 10 minutes of my life, watching you waste 18 months, on a stone pyramid.

The only thing good about this project is who ever made the video.
PitchBright
10/26/2013 9:52 pm
I made the video. And the video is only a fraction of how awesome the pyramid is. Your problem is, you don't recognize awesome unless it's using Shaders. LOL.
AuZor
10/26/2013 8:43 pm
It's a pyramid made out of stone.
There's nothing special about it. It's not unique, it's not special, it's not creative at all.
This won't be featured at minecon either, because of what I just stated above.

Have fun with your pyramid, though. Maybe a lot of 10 year olds will appreciate your dedication.
PitchBright
10/26/2013 8:56 pm
You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. Maybe look a little closer?
AuZor
10/26/2013 9:40 pm

This is you. You're an ignorant wall. No sense can be talked into you, because you're a wall.

It sucks, Pitch. It's a waste of time, because it won't give you the slightest fame and none will appreciate beside those 10 year olds.
Also, please remember; Quality over quantity.
PitchBright
10/26/2013 9:49 pm
My pappy always said "you know you've won the argument when your opponent resorts to belittling your character with name-calling".

(Modern-day tactics usually incorporate a lame unoriginal, picture attachment, given the lack of eloquence of today's nay-sayer.) You've managed to do both.

You can sit down now.
Krypto
10/26/2013 5:11 pm
Meh I could do that.
PitchBright
10/26/2013 8:05 pm
No you couldn't.
Krypto
10/26/2013 9:28 pm
Don't doubt me
PitchBright
10/26/2013 9:32 pm
You make it too easy, to doubt you. You're all talk, while we actually do.
NothingNew
10/23/2013 11:44 am
Level 8 : Apprentice Architect
I think you guys are getting a bit ahead of yourselves if you want to be featured at minecon and have a world record, which I couldn't see happening even if it was the biggest survival build. And to be honest the build isn't really that impressive apart from the fact that it's big, and obviously took some time to build. But still unimpressive in detail and very unlikely of getting to minecon. There's no reason for it to.
PitchBright
10/26/2013 9:20 am
We didn't design the thing, we're just honoring it by recreating it. For those that know just how impressive the structure really is, they know that the "details" are in the math, and those details are far more impressive than a lot of what goes for eye-candy around these parts. Just sayin'
zymasas
10/23/2013 10:36 am
Level 37 : Artisan uwu
Will you guys provide a download link when it's finished?
PitchBright
10/23/2013 10:41 am
Not likely. It's highly modded (to make Survival much much much much harder).
PitchBright
10/23/2013 10:26 am
Updated with new video. Check it out!
PitchBright
08/11/2013 1:17 pm
Imad_bushyoutu.be/8R8y_RYD6W4
Just gonna through this in there

What does that have to do with what we're doing?
poplawler
08/09/2013 9:13 am
Level 26 : Expert Ninja
It would of been impressive if it were something other than a pyramid, regardless of it's size it's such an easy thing to build.
mrwizard70
08/09/2013 12:48 pm
OK........ I met Pitch 8 months ago when he found me. Stop doubting him now and u wont look like a total idiot at minecon. ask him how many lines of code he did for custom mods. ask him how many million jobs were sent through the mail system he set up. ask him how many hours he alone spent working on this project. I met him and idolized him within a week. Stop doubting him now and u wont look like a total idiot at minecon.
Ivain
08/09/2013 5:11 am
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Terraformer
People, take it easy, I am sure they can prove it's legit. it appears to be made from white wool, so that is also pretty admirable. And from the amount we've seen, we can't judge complexity. for all we know, the hole they came out leads to passages and chambers inside the pyramid.
PitchBright
08/10/2013 6:47 pm
Agreed!!

Thanks for backin' us. We really appreciate your support. We've worked long and hard on this.

Cheers,
Pitch
CreeperSoul23
08/09/2013 12:39 am
Level 38 : Artisan Creeper
At the beginning I'm like "WHEN IS THIS GONNA START?!?" and then I skipped a bit and figured out if was a mine craft player getting out a hole....
PitchBright
08/10/2013 6:45 pm
You skipped a bit?

Awwwww, you spoiled the surprise. I guess some people just don't have the attention span, eh?

Thanks for watching!

-Pitch
mrwizard70
08/09/2013 12:35 am
I'm so sorry i had to leave ;( It looks great....... ;(
PitchBright
08/10/2013 6:48 pm
Thanks Wiz! Good to hear from ya, by the way!

Share it up, and hopefully we can drum up enough awareness about the project that Mojang will see it.

Cheers dude!
-Pitch
Shider Paper
08/09/2013 12:33 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Dragon
No... Way... That is nuts.
PitchBright
08/10/2013 6:44 pm
We realized it was too... after about 2 months into the project. But when you hit the point of no return, there's no looking back. And now, here we are

Thanks for watchin'!

-Pitch
PizzaPenguin_
08/09/2013 12:27 am
Level 30 : Artisan Architect
First of all, I'm not going to doubt you made it in survival mode - It's made of wool, an easily farmable resource. You can get hundreds of double chests full in under a month. And I highly doubt you used more than that. The whole build can't be more than 200 blocks wide (at least from the video) and, well, it's just not impressive. Furthermore, I don't think we need to give any specific examples to prove that there's a Minecraft survival build an bigger than 200 blocks wide. Can you tell us how big the length and height dimensions are, so we actually know how big this is? Anybody can build a pyramid. Wool is easy to get. It doesn't even look good. And 14 months with people working on it 24/7? Either you guys are the worst Minecrafters EVER or you just goofed off the whole time.
PitchBright
08/10/2013 6:42 pm
Is it made of wool? Can you get hundreds of double chests full in under a month? It can't be more than 200 blocks wide?

Actually, you will need to give a specific example that there's a bigger survival build, because we're staking our claim that this is the biggest. We're going to back up our claim, and then the onus will be on you (or somebody else) to prove that there's a bigger one. Otherwise, you're just speculating.

Can anybody build a pyramid? Either we're the worst Minecrafters ever, or we goofed off the whole time... or... we're the best minecraft survival team that's shared a living space on a server. I guess that's for us to know and for you to find out... if you're really curious. All you gotta do is watch, share and bring awareness to the video.

Thanks for taking the time to check it out!

Cheers,
Pitch
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome