Input for a Map

NeroDeath's Avatar NeroDeath4/4/14 6:49 pm
1 emeralds 2.1k 28
11/6/2014 10:47 pm
NeroDeath's Avatar NeroDeath
I am now working very diligently on a special legend of Zelda adventure map.
You can look at it here, but I have not updated this in a while: http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/ ... s-2506326/
(Please check it to see the credits for the wonderful people who have assisted me =)

That will take place in many of the different games, right now what I need is input from people on what they think should be in it. IE: items, enemies, bosses, certain locations, etc.

The map is not a 100% block for block scale of the locations, but a new journey taking inspiration from the old and adapting on it to make it new, but still nostalgic. Really what I need from this topic is input from what you think I should be including and removing from the map's resource pack, and world file. As of now this is what is n the build. If you see something that you think should not be in the map, or something that should be in the map post below, if enough people agree with it then it will either be added or removed depending on the item or location in question.

Items that players can obtain:
Fire Rod - Many Games
Goddess Harp - Skyward Sword
Bottles, to fill with water for potions, or to get free milk. (They will be common though)
Master Sword - Many Games
Zora Armor/Tunic - Twilight Princess
Fierce Deity Mask - Majora's Mask
Proof of Courage, Power, and Wisdom - Link to the Past
Ruppees - Pretty Obvious
Farore's Wind - Ocarina of Time
Din's Fire - Ocarina of Time
Roc's Feather - Link's Awakening
Aryll's Telescope - Wind Waker
Hover Boots - Ocarina of Time/Legend of Zelda 2
Iron Boots - Ocarina of Time
Pegasus Boots - Minish Cap
Gilded Sword - Majora's Mask
Magic Rod - Zelda 1
Magic Armor - Twilight Princess
Gold Skulltula Tokens - Ocarina of Time
Hylian Shield - Many Games
Deku Shield - Ocarina of Time
Mirror Shield - Wind Waker
Hammer - Ocarina of Time
Ordon Sword - Twilight Princess
Basic Tunic - Many Games
Ocarina of Time - It is in the name
Goddess Plume - Skyward Sword
Lens of Truth - Majora's Mask
Hookshot - Ocarina of Time
Wand of Gales (Takes the place of the Wind Waker's Baton) - Wind Waker
Four Sword - Four Swords
Magic Glove/Handy Glove - Zelda 2
Shovel - Link to the Past
White Sword - Zelda 1
Wood Sword - Zelda 1
Magic Sword - Zelda 1
Sage's Sword - Twilight Princess
Wooden Sword - Twilight Princess
Skull Hammer - Wind Waker
Kokiri Sword - Ocarina of Time
NeroDeath
Level 12 : Journeyman Ranger

Create an account or sign in to comment.

NeroDeath
11/06/2014 10:47 pm
I will be livestreaming some of the map tomorrow at 2ish pm US Central Time, when this countdown timer hits zero basically.
http://a.chronus.eu/167F3D0

It will be on this twitch channel
http://www.twitch.tv/nerodeath

I am not sure for how long I will be doing it, it is all to test livestreaming on my computer.
NeroDeath
10/12/2014 6:09 pm
So bear in mind that none of these locations have had any serious changes made to them yet, these are all straight out of the world generation I had to do.

Note: The photos got clipped when I put them here so to see the full thing you will just have to click on the photo.

Sealed Grounds - Skyward Sword

Gerudo Desert - Twilight Princess

Sheikah Tower - Original Creation
This serves as a central hub of the map. Here you can expect to find almost any item you may need, such as foods, armor, swords, and arrows. You also have the ability to make potions here as well. (Only if you are the Wisdom Champion)

Ganon's Grave - Legend of Zelda 2

Hero's Shrine - Original Creation
This serves a purpose of allowing you to upgrade and gain new buffs. You can get a total of 5 bonus health buffs, that gives you a total of a whole second health bar, and a special buff depending on what Champion you are. Courage - Night Vision, Wisdom - Invisibility, Power - Resistance 1. You keep the buffs until you die or drink Milk.

Impa - The map uses the Custom NPC mod

Southern Swamp - Majora's Mask
Keeping with the games, this water will poison you. Better start working on those lilypad jumping skills.

Old Man - Legend of Zelda 1
The caption for this is so obvious I won't bother typing it.
NeroDeath
10/12/2014 5:31 pm
So I have done a huge face lift on the map, basically took it back to square 20 and started work on it again. Thought I would share some photos of what places are looking like before they have structures and things built.
NeroDeath
06/18/2014 7:49 pm
Hiatus is off, I have put mobs down in about half the LOZ1 continent and I am looking for any ideas that might make mob spawning easier, any ideas?
Condition: They can not overload the players with too many enemies.
NeroDeath
05/29/2014 3:43 pm
I am putting the project on a hiatus so I can experiment with certain command block settings.
NeroDeath
05/21/2014 7:02 pm
Few things to mention since this lack of ability to build on the actual project has given me a chance to review a lot of what is in the map and pose a few questions that I would like answers to since I tend to very indecisive and nit-picky.

1. The map requires 3 players and each player chooses at the start wether to be power, courage, or wisdom, this determines your starting equipment and what unique shop you get to purchase from. So is a dungeon required to show you how to use extra teammates?

2. Have the games that have been chosen suffice? I have left out a few games that a while back were voted low on a straw poll, but the pole received very low participation.

3. Is there any item or location that should be put in that hasn't been added already? I have mentioned in this area of the forums a lot if not all of the items, abilities, and locations in the map.
NeroDeath
05/21/2014 3:02 pm
I haven't been able to work on the project, but I should mention that these are the islands from Wind Waker that were put in the map.

Outset
Windfall
Dragon Roost
Forbidden Fortress
Forest Haven and Forbidden Woods
Tower of the Gods
Mother and Child Isles
Fire Mountain
Headstone Island
Ice Ring Isle
Gale Isle
Greatfish Isle
Cabana Isle (You do get this as a customizable respawn point.)
Ganon's Tower
Ghost Ship

These were chosen because they were important in some way.
NeroDeath
05/20/2014 3:54 pm
The project is going on hold until further notice. Recently my graphics cards for my PC have stopped responding due to a hardware malfunction. They should be fixed in about 1-2 days, but for now no progress. This is what has been completed as of late before the hardware malfunction.

Imported LoZ 1 dungeons, added link between LoZ1 and LoZ2 worlds, added Saria Town and made tunnels in the LoZ2 Death Mountain Range. Also have begun the Fast Travel setup, there will be no fast travel locations to LoZ1, but it can easily be reached from LoZ2 by visiting Pinnacle Rock.
NeroDeath
05/19/2014 1:07 pm

Navi will join you and your friends on your adventure through the world. She will give hints as to where certain places may be when there is danger, or where a secret may be.

Tael will only appear in one area of the map, it is a place where Navi can't go.

Tatl will act as Navi in the one place she can not go.
NeroDeath
05/19/2014 1:03 pm
Added:
Navi, Tatl, and Tael.

Also have begun building the first quest of the map.

~I may also be tempted to tweet pictures of the maps progress or mention it on twitter. You can follow me @Nero_Death. Also check the main project page for more information as it is updated when progress is made, and pictures are occasionally uploaded there.
NeroDeath
05/14/2014 9:32 pm
Still awaiting feedback on what to improve on the project.
NeroDeath
05/13/2014 4:28 pm
Forgot to mention you can click the map pictures for a better view.
Karrfis
05/13/2014 2:19 pm
They/Them • Level 35 : Artisan Birb Birb
this deserves more hype than it is getting

pro-tip

just because it is minecraft doesnt mean all your islands have to be square
NeroDeath
05/13/2014 3:38 pm
Thank you, as with the square islands though, that was more of a design choice for some of the games, it was easier to make them square because of the way the game was portrayed in the Atlas version maps. It is why LoZ1 is square, but you have Majora's Mask that is more of a circular/ellipse shape.
NeroDeath
05/13/2014 2:07 pm
The Overworld

The Nether Lands
NeroDeath
05/13/2014 1:46 pm
New Test Version has been released. This is the last test version (possibly) and with it complete I can now begin working exclusively on the dungeons, towns, etc.

http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/ ... h-edition/
NeroDeath
04/28/2014 5:35 pm
Added Ocarina of Time World, Set up area for the future, Link to the Past Light and Dark worlds have been built. Remaining lands to be built.

Wind Waker Islands
Twilight Princess ~Light
Twilight Princess ~Twilight Realm and Twilight Locations
NeroDeath
04/26/2014 9:40 pm
NeroDeath
04/19/2014 3:31 pm
click on the photos to see the map in a better size, sorry for them not fitting. Also new pictures on the project page.
NeroDeath
04/19/2014 3:30 pm
Current Areas that have been built:
Legend of Zelda 1
Legend of Zelda 2
Minish Cap
Skyward Sword (Just the landmasses below the clouds)
Labrynna (Past and Present)
Holodrum (Summer)

Currently building Legend of Zelda Link to the Past (Light)

NeroDeath
04/14/2014 6:19 pm
Added
Rod of Seasons
Harp of Ages
The Pearls from Wind Waker
and have changed the Wand of Gales to the Wind Waker.
NeroDeath
04/07/2014 6:16 pm
Finished Adjusting weapon damages listed in ascending order of damage.

Wood Sword
Wooden Sword
Kokiri Sword
Sage's Sword (Extra Damage to Spiders)
Gilded Sword
White Sword
Ordon Sword
Four Sword
Magical Sword
Goddess Sword
Goddess Longsword
Goddess White Sword
Master Sword
True Master Sword
NeroDeath
04/06/2014 11:55 am
Added Kohonolit Island from Link's Awakening. You can see the map here, feedback on its look is appreciated to help make corrections.

www.dropbox.com/s/62eqgz8g82t9fyn/newhyliaworldapril4thedition.png
NeroDeath
04/05/2014 11:20 am
https://www.dropbox.com/s/y3ak3n08h70gj ... .17.31.png

Unique Items in Game. I had trouble getting the IMG working, but you can see the picture at that link or on the actual project page. The items in order from left to right are:
Proof of Courage, Power, Wisdom; Elements Earth, Fire, Water, Wind; Goddess Harp; Ocarina of Time; Hylian Shield; Mirror Shield; Deku Shield; Telescope; Skull Hammer; Wood Sword; Wooden Sword; Kokiri Sword; Sage's Sword; Gilded word; White Sword; Ordon Sword; Another White Sword?; The different tiers of the Four Sword; Magical Sword; Goddess Sword; Goddess Longsword; Goddess White Sword; Master Sword; True Master Sword; Magic Glove; Wand of Gales; Pegasus Boots; Hookshote; Roc's Feather; Mark of Acceptance(Still changing texture); Serenade of Water; Magic Rod; Winged Boots; Din's Fire; Minute of the Forest; Hover Boots; Hookshot Again?; Iron Boots; Hammer; Lens of Truth; Din's Armor of Strength; Magical Boots; Bolero of Fire; Hookshot 1 more time; Hero's Bow

These are not all of the items in the map but are a good chunk of them, most of which give the player using them increase attributes, such as modifications to speed, health, attack damage, and knockback resistance. Those with enchants either decrease fall damage greatly of knock enemies back, even start fires, or a combination of many. If there are any you are curious about please ask.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is an image of the current wolrd containing the worlds of Legend of Zelda 1 and 2, Lanaryu Desert, New Eldin Volcano, and Faron Woods from Skyward Sword, and Minish Cap. These are only temporary and I am curious if these are good or need more changes. I did makes huge changes to the Eldin Volcano and some slighter changes to the Faron Woods. Eldin was changed because in the actual game I felt that there was no real separation between it and Lanaryu, they both looked the same on the outside to me. Faron was changed to be more realistic and life like as a forest. That is not to say that it won't employ the same mechanics used in the game, I am still not satisfied with it and changes will come to it at some point. One area that was seriously changed was Minish cap, much of which is no forests, that will have some clearings scattered about, and paths connecting the castle town to other areas. The Cloud Lands from Minish Cap and Skyloft will be in the map, but could not be built in world painter.
NeroDeath
04/05/2014 10:00 am
Song Files Currently in the Map (More still coming)
Ballad of the Goddess
*Link's Awakening
Ballad of the Wind Fish
Link and Marin Song
Manbo's Mambo
Staff Credits
Tal Tal Heights
Title Screen
*Link to the Past
Crystal
Dark World
Hyrule Field
Power of the Gods
Staff Roll
Title
Zelda Rescure
*Majora's Mask
11th Hour
Clock Tower
Clock Town D1
Clock Town D2
Clock Town D3
Credits
Deku Nut's Palace
Final Hours w/Bells
Giant's Theme
Great Bay Coast
Ikana Valley
Majora's Theme
Romani Ranch
Song of Healing
Song of Time
Southern Swamp
Stone Tower Temple
Stone Tower Temple (Flipped)
*Ocarina of Time
Sheik's Theme
*Twilight Princess
Argorok
Ballad of Twilight
Hyrule Field
Memoires of Impaz
Ordon Village
Requiem of Spirit
Sacred Grove
Spirit's Theme
Twilight
Wind's Requiqm
*Wind Waker
Ballad of Gales
Dragon Roost Island
Earth God's Lyric
Earth Temple
Ending
Epilogue
Farewell Hyrule King
Forsaken Fortress
Hero of the Wind
Makar's Awakening
Makar's Prayer
Medli's Awakening
Medli's Prayer
Ocean
Outset Island
Princess Zelda's Theme
Song of Passing
Staff Credits
The Legendary Hero
Title
Tower of the Gods
Wind God's Aria
Wind Temple
Windfall Island
Womd's Requiem
Zelda's Awakening
*Zelda 1
Credits
Death Mountain
Dungeon
Overworld
Title
Whistle
Zelda
NeroDeath
04/05/2014 9:51 am
Added:
Earth, Fire, Water, and Wind Elements from Minish Cap
NeroDeath
04/04/2014 7:59 pm
Anything in particular you might be thinking of mixing in?
Swift394
04/04/2014 7:10 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Crafter
Be creative. Mix everything in all the versions of Zelda
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome