Deletedcontact_support

anonpmc4611129's Avatar anonpmc461112911/15/23 12:02 pm history
8 emeralds 169 5
11/16/2023 1:30 pm
anonpmc4611129's Avatar anonpmc4611129
[deleted]
anonpmc4611129
Level 16 : Journeyman Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

GoggleD0GG
11/15/2023 6:49 pm
He/Him • Level 49 : Master Dragon Necromancer
Replying here even tho it looks like your account isn't working.

I'm actually in the process of making a blog about this topic! But for now, I have some tips.

People definitely still download, view, diamond, and favorite creations up here. It is NOT easier to make your own. You just need to gain exposure not to your individual builds, but to your profile. I suggest being active here on the forums as a starting point. Make fun polls and engage in discussions. Look at recent maps by using the sorting option newest first. Go through and diamond the ones you like, favoriting the best ones as well. If you see one that you're inspired by, comment that you're inspired by it. If you see one that has a similar theme to one of your recent builds, comment something like the following.

"This looks cool! I actually just made a build that's kinda like this one. You can find it on my profile."

I suggest expanding on that as well. For example, I plan on making a story rich map soon. Once it is published, I will find other story rich maps and comment something tailored to each map.

"I can't wait to try this! I just built a map with a similar story--a fallen knight goes through the process of finding his home--but mine is centered around grief rather than treasure. Just looking at the description, I can tell this is gonna be interesting to play through! You can find my map on my profile if you wanna check it out, maybe it'll inspire your next story. Thanks for sharing this with PMC!"

Keep this up. You'll get noticed little by little. Thanks for reading and I hope I could help!
ScotsMiser
11/15/2023 3:38 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Miner
Trying to check your profile page leads to:

Not Found

It seems you've landed on an invalid username, missing or locked account.
anonpmc4611129
11/15/2023 10:19 pm
[deleted]
ScotsMiser
11/16/2023 1:23 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Miner
👍 good to see the issue got fixed.

GoggleD0GG makes a solid point about engagement, something that may be temporarily impacted by your recent name change.

That you joined PMC less than a year ago may also be relevant as some of the people posting here have spent several years building a 'rep'.

There is also the issue of how much self-promotion you're doing: looking at your PMC profile I don't see the references to a youtube channel or social media accounts that I see on some other pages. (I have none of these myself and so do not pay enough attention to be able to know whether there is a positive correlation between persons who have these accounts listed and persons whose submissions are being frequently DLed. This might be worth exploring.)

As a final point, I see the greater part of your 'content' is skins which don't strike me as being as likely to be downloaded as some other types of content.
Further, the current fashion in skins seems to be to use mottle/camo/varied areas of color: the degree to which this affects DLs is unclear.
[It should be noted that — given the tiny number and poor quality of the skins I've done — I may be completely off base with these observations….]
anonpmc4611129
11/16/2023 1:30 pm
[deleted]
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome