Death Castle

polot38's Avatar polot388/17/14 10:13 pm
1 emeralds 189 1
8/17/2014 10:48 pm
Knightsundere's Avatar Knightsundere
So i made this castle. I'm fairly new to making good builds, so what do you guys think? What could i improve on? How could i better decorate some of the interiors of the towers?

http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/death-castle-3039103/
polot38
Level 18 : Journeyman Skinner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Knightsundere
08/17/2014 10:48 pm
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Cyborg
The design is great, although there a few things that could be improved. I'm not a builder myself, mind you, so I'm just going off of what I've observed from the more experienced project-makers on PMC.

-- Use a block palette, basically a selection of blocks that look nice together to create some color and a bit of detail when making the build. Usually, you want more than 5 or so blocks, not including decor and aesthetic bits.

-- Although it's practical to have stuff that a player would use inside of a build, when you're going for something that looks fancy and is meant to show off your building skills as compared to survivalist skills, try not to use things such as beds, chests, and workbenches. You can still use those, but try and be a bit more creative with how you make them, like, maybe use white carpet and red wool to make a bed instead of using the actual item.

-- It's not necessary, but add some interesting terrain around your build so you don't have a boring open expanse around it.

-- Lastly, use a texturepack to add some extra flair and style to your build. Plus, the screenshots look nicer.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome