CraftZ | A 1:1 scale of The WarZ's Colorado [Help out!]

Reec3ty's Avatar Reec3ty12/23/12 11:02 am
1 emeralds 1.6k 29
2/15/2013 7:53 pm
IronyIngot's Avatar IronyIngot

Creeping to a server near you...

Follow me on twitter! @Reec3ty (Retweet #CraftZ to help me out!)

Official CraftZ public discussion: Woo, reddit!

If you're willing to help, go to the help section and see if you can do any of the listed things.

Why hello, fellow WarZ enthusiasts and the curious. Welcome to one of the largest projects undertaken by myself. The WarZ map of Colorado, put into Minecraft on a 1:2 scale (That's 5000x5000 blocks!). Prepare your eyes for the most epic zombie map ever witnessed!

This map is dedicated in creating a replica 1:2 version of WarZ's Colorado in Minecraft. The purpose is to fulfil players into enjoying a Minecraft-like experience for those looking for a new way to play, or those that cannot afford the official game.

The finished map with buildings and loot will be ported onto a server in early 2013. Closed beta will start during that time period for a week, which then will be released to the public.

To learn more about the official game, click here to visit their website.

Screenshots so far

Click to reveal

Timeline of Events

Late November/Early December - Terraform map [x]

December - Consistent building of towns/cities [x]

January - Finish up building final areas [Almost done]

Early February - Set up server with set plugins for Closed Beta for a week [ ]

Late February - Open the CraftZ server to the public [ ]

February to 2013 - Add new features, fix bugs, add ranks/currency (purchasable with real money) and more! [ ]

F.A.Q.

I'll gladly answer any questions you may have that aren't listed below!

Click to reveal
"What is CraftZ? It sounds similar to MineZ."

Well good sir/madam, you are correct. CraftZ is a server mod similar to MineZ, but tailored to the gameplay variances of The WarZ. Death is more lenient, melee weapons and guns are more different (with statistics and enchantments) and several other awesome features. The official server name will be CraftZ, and will host various plugins for a unique experience.

"Cool! Can I help build/join?"

Unfortunately not at this moment as the map/server are still in an Alpha stage, and we have several good builders already. Alpha pretty much means that development of buildings and loot hotspots are taking place. After Alpha, we plan on creating a closed beta where 100-200 testers will have the chance to play upon the dev server, and give feedback. Over that week, we will collect data and change any issues or bugs. After that, the open beta will start. Once we are happy with the plugins and gameplay balance, the server will fully launch, which includes options to purchase items and whatnot if you wish.

"Oh, okay. How did you create the map?"

The map was created through a freeware tool called WorldPainter. It's essentially a program that allows you to terraform the land. I used an image overlay of the official map as a reference and went from there. After two weeks of on and off development, I finally finished and have started working on buildings and schematics. I'll be getting assistance from a few trusty friends of mine to complete some towns.

Help!

If you have WarZ, I'd appreciate it if you could do some videos of Campos/Parkerville. I need to have a thorough reference video, mostly started from the south entrance or north to give us a sense of direction.

I need some people that are good with art skills to make some mock posters and some fan art. Maybe use my WarZ survivor skins or something with the official logo?

Also, some publicising would be nice. Whether it's a small 1 minute video or a article, I wouldn't mind.

In general, you can help by telling/linking others in chat about this build project, retweeting #CraftZ on Twitter or just leaving a comment.

-R
Reec3ty
Level 18 : Journeyman Archer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

IronyIngot
02/15/2013 7:53 pm
Level 20 : Expert Mountaineer
Nice. +1 supporter lol
l_Pro_Assassin
02/02/2013 3:57 am
Level 44 : Master Enderdragon
Wow, this looks epic. I would love to help out but I have never played WarZ and Minecraft servers ALWAYS lag for me, ah well, good luck on the project!
Reec3ty
02/02/2013 6:11 am
Sucks to hear about that :/ Oh well, thanks for the compliments!
Reec3ty
02/02/2013 3:31 am
Friendly bump?
Reec3ty
01/22/2013 5:51 am
Sorry I haven't posted here alot, but more towns have been finished and we are anticipated for a public release of Feb 15th!
Omega808
01/15/2013 9:17 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Narwhal
IGN: Omega808
Can you use Skype?: Yes/No Yes
If so, what is your name:LucasTheEpic
Have you played The WarZ?: Yes/No No I Have Played DayZ But Have Seen Many Youtube Play Throughs
Building Skill: Highly Advance I Am Acually Making A MineZ Map At The Moment
Knowledge of WorldEdit (In a %): i Have A Very Good Knowledge Of It 90%
Are you honestly going to be a dedicated builder (As in, work almost every day on this project)?: Yes/No yes I Will Ths To be On At Least 2 hours a day on the weekdays and 6 on the weekends
Reec3ty
01/16/2013 9:33 am
Denied.
Xistence
01/12/2013 3:48 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Toast
separate thread slap You know, the kind that's like *Pow*!
Reec3ty
01/13/2013 8:50 pm
Pow! Right in the kisser!
Reec3ty
01/03/2013 8:54 am
Applications are open, some builders left for personal and tedius matters.
Reec3ty
12/30/2012 10:10 pm
Updated the images, new screenshots added. What do you think?
Reec3ty
12/29/2012 9:40 am
Some more work: http://imgur.com/a/sXRvm
Reec3ty
12/28/2012 11:04 am
What do you think? http://imgur.com/a/IYrDL
Reec3ty
12/28/2012 1:39 am
Nice to hear some good feedback so far.
Venomouscrowd
12/27/2012 9:21 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
Looks brilliant so far its a flesh idea (see see.... see what I did there?) good luck to you and your team! I'm sure I'll get onto the public release of the server and maybe if im lucky and you choose me get onto the private testing
gogocp
12/27/2012 9:23 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Nerd
1. Flesh idea? Lol!
2. Yea, good luck!
3. Definately public.
4. I want to be a Closed Beta tester too!
gogocp
12/27/2012 9:07 am
Reec3ty Why hello, fellow WarZ enthusiasts and the curious.

*is part of the curious*
Gorillaz_101
12/27/2012 8:53 am
Level 14 : Journeyman Miner
IS a great idea and all but maybe you should get better builders.
Reec3ty
12/27/2012 8:56 am
What's wrong with the current builders I have? I've seen previous work they've done and it's up to a high standard.
Gorillaz_101
12/27/2012 9:06 am
Level 14 : Journeyman Miner
Sadly they are too simple without any effort

For example this one ^
Only one wood material and it looks like somebody did it in 10 minutes.
Reec3ty
12/27/2012 7:58 am
Ye be bumpin' a thread that is more active than bingo night.

Status update: The Airport is pretty much finished, and I've completed the spawn area. To spawn in the map you must push a button, any button on the warp wall, and it will teleport you to a random place of fifty chosen areas. Also, there are market stalls that act like the 'Marketplace' where you can purchase items such as food and water for your journeys, as well as lower grade armour. All the rare and useful items are only found in the map as to balance gameplay. I'll attach some pictures in a minute or so.

EDIT: You saw it here first!

http://imgur.com/a/MCsvz
Jesuitical
12/27/2012 7:40 am
Level 27 : Expert Princess
3 days? Nay, bump.
Reec3ty
12/23/2012 11:50 am
There's a high chance many early supporters will be closed beta applicants.
gogocp
12/23/2012 11:46 am
Can I be a tester in Closed Beta? This looks amazing...
Reec3ty
12/23/2012 11:35 am
Patrick_StarCould I help with anything? I love the game I play it every day....

Currently the build team is set for the oncoming work, but if extra help is required I'll be sure to notify you via this thread!
Patrick_Star
12/23/2012 11:32 am
Level 7 : Apprentice Pixel Painter
Could I help with anything? I love the game I play it every day.... I mean in like the early beta could I somehow be squeezed in?
Jesuitical
12/23/2012 11:27 am
Actually, I bought WarZ on Steam, just a problem of this computer not running it. I'll get a new one soon and hopefully be able to help you guys out.

I'll get off your thread, though. I'll be on Skype and helping keep the thread clean.
Jesuitical
12/23/2012 11:08 am
This is brilliant, I would love to be a part of this. Anything I can do?
Reec3ty
12/23/2012 11:19 am
You haven't got the game yet, right? As an early Xmas present (and because I can trust you), feel free to use my WarZ account to play. I'll PM you the details. Let me know if you enjoy it, and get familiar with the places.

After that, I might let you on the build team if you are willing to help out (Dollars and a few familiar faces are helping out), dependant on your McAss and PMC moderation duties.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome