Render character turns black after save/reopen??? HELP

CorkyW's Avatar CorkyW12/10/14 8:18 pm
12/11/2014 3:27 pm
JoaoPauloC100's Avatar JoaoPauloC100
So I'm new to this and just started my first 3d render. I'm using the Frost Minecraft Rig 3.0 (Steve character)
I had the whole thing pretty much done so I clicked "File / Save as..", named it and hit save. It automatically saved it in My Documents. But when I reopen it the Steve character is all black with a white face. All bends and other objects in the render are still intact, it's as if just the skin texture has disappeared or messed up some kind of way.

Any ideas on what causes this or what I may have done wrong in the saving part to cause this?
CorkyW
Level 21 : Expert Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

JoaoPauloC100
12/11/2014 3:27 pm
Level 27 : Expert Artist
XD I was gonna say something about that. Well, good luck! :D
CorkyW
12/11/2014 12:56 am
OK I got it fixed. I had the rig only halfway installed.
CorkyW
12/10/2014 10:23 pm
OK, I did a quick redo of Steve to show you. Here is the full render image inside Cinema 4D BEFORE saving. Everything looks fine, ready to go etc.

And after I save it, close out Cinema 4d, then reopen Cinema 4D and open this saved file it looks like this.

This pic is of a different render attempt but this is to show what happenes to the black character when I actually render it. This is where the white face comes in.

I cant find anything in the tools that would bring the texture of the skin back so I'm lost now. I'll try weedlions rig but I'm thinking it's going to do the same. I just downloaded Hypermight's Hyperrig and it did the exact same thing.
JoaoPauloC100
12/10/2014 9:00 pm
Level 27 : Expert Artist
You're using Cinema 4D?
Also, since you said you're new, I'd recommend using Weedlion's free rig.
Could you post some screenshots of the rendered image?
Maybe it only needs light?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome