Minecraft bedrock edition - the ability to play older versions even in multiplayer

AGTRigorMortis's Avatar AGTRigorMortis2/10/21 4:24 pm
2 emeralds 6.3k 11
5/9/2021 4:18 pm
Gamenight999474's Avatar Gamenight999474
I'd like to know how exactly I could convince Mojang to implementing this someday, I'm not sure they would even listen to us on the Minecraft feedback.net and I'm not a popular Youtuber or content creator so I don't know if they would consider this

but I'd like the option to play older versions of bedrock edition even on custom servers at the very least, if not a realm

me and some friends of mine have some big projects planned for our server and we don't want a major change in the games survival mechanics ruining this for us, for some reason Java players get special treatment and they never have to worry about updates interfering with their style of play, they can simply use the launcher to load an older version of the game, for example the people who hated the combat update.

I personally do not hate the combat update, but I do have concerns about the possibility of some other big change to the game that would interfere with my style of play or the friends who I play with on my server. I'm currently on a realm for the time being, but after a friend gets a new PC to play Minecraft on I'm moving the file onto the custom server.

I don't like how bedrock edition has less features than the Java version or the fact that Xbox Live mandates you to play the latest version of the game just to keep online access, even when the changes have nothing to do with patching bugs, it's bad policy and I can see why some people dislike Microsoft because of this. This is a sandbox game, not a competitive online shooter or MMORPG.

This is a copy and paste of my thread on minecraftforum,
but anyway please read and let me know what you all think of it, thank you.

www.minecraftforum.net/forums/minecraft/suggestions/3059374-minecraft-bedrock-edition-the-ability-to-play
AGTRigorMortis
Level 11 : Journeyman Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

nera minus
05/08/2021 11:13 pm
Level 63 : High Grandmaster Caveman
this has loon been suggested by bedrock players, and posted on the feedback site many times. the problem comes with that bedrock used to be pocket edition. Since bedrock is cross platform, you can't play alpha versions of bedrock on a console, since they were made for phones.
i know it's not an excellent reason, and they still should make a launcher of some capacity, but that's the reason we've been given.

the other problem is with cross platform contracts. Because of xbox achievements, PlayStation trophies, and nintendo's multiplayer stinginess, it requires a level of control over player's behavior that isn't present on PC. the big tech companies don't really understand what a sandbox game entails, and just require that all bugs are irreversibly patched.
Gamenight999474
05/08/2021 10:26 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Network
nera minus
05/08/2021 11:07 pm
both have exclusive features. no need to get so serious about it.
Gamenight999474
05/08/2021 11:28 pm
I just really don’t like when players talk about java being better like a fact, when the veiw is most of the time gotten by YouTube, witch favors java creators. Them just outright stating that was annoying, so I proved it wrong. I don’t really get what you mean
nera minus
05/09/2021 3:04 pm
i agree that bedrock shouldn't be looked down on so much, I play bedrock myself. they were just saying that java has more features when it comes to switching versions, crawling, offhand, etc, which are large features. Bedrock tends to have smaller exclusive features.
all that I'm saying is that there's a calm way to correct or convince someone
Gamenight999474
05/09/2021 4:18 pm
I do too. And the definition of “big” changes on the flow, at first I thought better graphic loading was big, but that was 2 years ago. And also I was “calm” I was just upset
User3427915G
02/10/2021 4:34 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
You can use MCLauncher, I can send a download link to it if you want to download it. (Only for Windows 10)
AGTRigorMortis
02/10/2021 4:37 pm
A few questions, would it affect Xbox live achievements? if it does then that's a no go for us, while I'm perfectly okay with it turning off newer achievements, disabling them entirely would also ruin the game for us.
AGTRigorMortis
02/10/2021 4:37 pm
and can it help with custom servers?
User3427915G
02/10/2021 9:19 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
It could help but I'm not sure about Xbox Live achivements, I haven't really missed around with it but I think it could work.
AGTRigorMortis
02/11/2021 7:30 am
if it's something that could do that to Xbox Live achievements then I don't want it, modding bedrock edition could cause a Code of Conduct violation and thus it could result in a ban, I've already had a 24 hour ban once for something I wrote in my bio years ago on there, the next one could be permanent which would mean total loss of online access and me having to make a new account, so it's not worth it, I want to remain on Microsoft's good side while I can.

Basically what I'm asking for is an official way to customize bedrock edition of Minecraft, but as of now there seems to be no way to load an older iteration of bedrock edition like you can on Java version. I'm stuck with it for now and I don't want to start a new world file just to play on Java version now that I've got a good RNG world seed to play with friends on. I'll have to take my chances and hope we get lucky and that someday Mojang implements this option, to disable unwanted updates in bedrock edition.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome