SMP Trial and error

SniperQuest91's Avatar SniperQuest911/7/24 4:52 pm
3 emeralds 109 1
1/7/2024 10:10 pm
ScotsMiser's Avatar ScotsMiser
I don't understand why it's so difficult to find an SMP server/realm that isn't a lag machine and has some decent mods. Like something that has a gun mod, some more blocks to mine, and extra weapons and armor to craft from those blocks. All the ones I find are either overloaded with lag and crash my game, or they just don't have what I'm looking for. And vanilla SMP just isn't fun anymore. And I'm not into the whole minigame scene like bedwars and such, the most I like is Skyblock and thatbgets boring after a while. I don't get why it's so hard to find a decent server.
SniperQuest91
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

ScotsMiser
01/07/2024 10:10 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Miner
A bunch or possible reasons:

1} there are a very large number of servers making the sorting problem non-trivial

2) there is no clear universal definition of many of the descriptive terms (i.e. ecomomy, prison, RP, land-claim)
[Specifically related to your requirements:
  you want "a gun mod", but this is insufficient to indicate whether you want a laser 'rifle' / AK-47 / or muzzle loading musket…]

3) at best the published description is the server owner's honest attempt to describe the server (generally compressed into a few searchable terms)

4) with regard to lag: player location (internet ping 'distance' from server) is important and (at best) is adressed only by noting the geographic location of the server
(Additionally both time of day {in relation to how populated is the server} and age of server {something that was perfectly adequate @20 players will fail @100} are important, but not likely to be readily available.)

. . . . . . . .

Describing what you want as clearluy as you can (including indicating priorities) and asking for recommendations may well be superior to searching server lists.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome