Bedrock Performance Windows, PS4 / Console

MrHaydenn's Avatar MrHaydenn11/6/23 7:40 pm
3 emeralds 150 1
11/7/2023 1:56 am
ScotsMiser's Avatar ScotsMiser
I am kind of confused by this but wanted to put a post out to see if anyone had experience in this or possibly has an explanation.

So I currently have a Java Minecraft server that I played on with a few friends and we have a lot built on it. Some of my other friends wanted to play that were on consoles, so I used Geyser to allow bedrock players to join. But for some reason on a ps4 and a Nintendo Switch once they got into the core of the city where we built the most and the most entities are located, they would get about 2 fps. I found that weird because I always found that bedrock ran very good fps wise compared to Java actually. So this made me think it was due to lower spec hardware. But I recently ran bedrock on my laptop that doesnt have a graphics card or a very good CPU and I was able to get respectable fps within the middle of the city.

I'm going to keep testing some stuff but just found this interesting and was wondering if anyone had an explanation for this or had a similar experience.
MrHaydenn
Level 1 : New Miner