We (well, I) want YOUR Astral Beast ideas!

IGEBM's Avatar IGEBM10/16/23 5:29 pm history
12 emeralds 278 20
10/17/2023 2:10 pm
anonpmc4796884's Avatar anonpmc4796884
As most people reading this probably know, the main enemies of the Chaos Legion are the alien Astral Beasts, who have escaped from the furthest reaches of space and attacked PMC after randomly choosing a planet to rampage across. Last week, I made character sheets and wrote descriptions for four different kinds of Astral Beasts, those being foot soldiers, bruisers, shapeshifters, and flyers, and LegendarySi made a render for the foot soldiers. (All images are included in the dropdown.)

However, I would love to know what types of Astral Beasts you'd like to see added to the lore, so go ahead and give me a basic description of what it looks like, how it acts (like its attacking style), and how to kill it. I'll make a character sheet and lore description for it, and it'll get added to the Astral Beasts widget on the Legion's group page and the lore blog.

Astral Beast art

Foot soldier render by LegendarySi

Foot Soldiers

Bruisers

Shapeshifters

Flyers (yes, the character sheet is an edited version of the foot soldier one)
IGEBM
Level 55 : Grandmaster Loremaster

Create an account or sign in to comment.

anonpmc4796884
10/17/2023 2:10 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Miner
[deleted]
IGEBM
10/17/2023 7:47 am
Another name for this thread: asking people to make the Legion’s work deadlier than it already is
Fuschi
10/17/2023 7:44 am
Level 7 : Apprentice Hunter
This may sound kind of unoriginal, it's based off of the Evie evolutions, what about those, but gigantic and more rabbit mountain-lion like. Maybe with gears and scary glowing eyes?
IGEBM
10/17/2023 7:47 am
Cool

I mean, they probably wouldn’t have gears, and they already have scary glowing eyes, but the mountain lion part sounds bad for the Legion great!
KaiOceansword
10/17/2023 12:44 am
Level 52 : Grandmaster Dolphin
history
There we go

Encrypters & Decrypters

Encrypters & Decrypters are a species of the Astral Beasts, there are always born in pairs and mate together to reproduce another pair of Crypters.

Encrypters have the ability to only send messages to their Decrypter sibling, but are not able to receive messages. Decrypters on the other hand, are only able to receive messages but not send messages.

Encrypters are normally smaller than their Decrypter sibling, making them able to sneak into enemy bases and find out information. They are sneaky, slippery, thin, deadly and are able to bend their body parts in weird ways. They’re main goal is just to get the information, then run.

Decrypters are larger than their Encrypter sibling, they have a huge layer of tough skin that would take a nuke to destroy (As in literally). They will do anything possible to protect the information they receive if that means killing themselves too. Decrypters are huge, bulky, strong and extremely protective.

Both of the Crypters have a pair of long antennas used to send, or receive messages. They both do not need any type of food, or rest to survive. It is almost impossible to kill this deadly duo, so the best way is to cut of their antennas.
IGEBM
10/17/2023 6:55 am
this is sick!

I might change them a bit, but not too much, since most Astral Beasts are unintelligent, ravenous beasts, and thus there was never a purpose for gathering information, but these sound really interesting and I'd like to put them into the lore, so don't worry, Imma find a place for 'em.

What have you done now the Legion is doomed-
KaiOceansword
10/17/2023 8:43 am
Thanks!

MUAHAHAHAHA
cloudkitty
10/16/2023 11:32 pm
Level 47 : Master Kitten
history
hear me out

I (might) try to draw it if I have the time, but I'm thinking something like a shaggy/beefier necrozma
IGEBM
10/16/2023 11:34 pm
history
(as in the normal form?)

YES

YES

YES

THANK YOU FOR A) GIVING ME A GREAT IDEA AND B) REMINDING ME OF MY FAVORITE POKÉMON DESIGN
cloudkitty
10/17/2023 7:11 am
Level 47 : Master Kitten
(yes)

:D
Cirxett
10/16/2023 11:32 pm
Level 47 : Master Gent
A astral beast riding a astral beast. Like smt on a horse or mythical animal like qilin or smt
IGEBM
10/16/2023 11:33 pm
ah, I had considered smthn like that too ngl

(great idea!)
KaiOceansword
10/16/2023 9:19 pm
I can help with that! Mind if I post the ideas as Blogs?
IGEBM
10/16/2023 9:21 pm
it’s be better if you just told me here lol
KaiOceansword
10/16/2023 10:56 pm
Are the Bruisers some sort of Tank, then the Flyers as Fighter Jets, and the Foot Soldiers as the Soldiers?
IGEBM
10/16/2023 11:28 pm
wdym?
KaiOceansword
10/16/2023 11:40 pm
Nvm I got something OP coming
KaiOceansword
10/16/2023 10:48 pm
Ok sure!
Diiby
10/16/2023 8:00 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Goblin
I think a small and stealthy landmine-esque Astral Beast that forced mindfulness of the battle field instead of just the battle would be quite nifty

I don’t necessarily have a visual description other then that but basically Bomb from Angry Birds if you stepped on it
IGEBM
10/16/2023 8:41 pm
XD sounds good to me
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome