Software for mod making

Quasiregular's Avatar Quasiregular2/16/24 8:04 pm
4 emeralds 235 9
5/2/2024 7:03 pm
hotsuop's Avatar hotsuop
Is there any software i can use to make making mods easier.
Quasiregular
Level 4 : Apprentice System

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Partialism
05/02/2024 3:22 pm
Level 29 : Expert Button Pusher
I'd always say make them from scratch since the existing mod creation tools like MCreator have limitations that make them impractical for big projects. You have more creative freedom without those limitations, plus the source code that MCreator generates is quite clunky from what I've heard.

Fortunately though Java is a great language to pick up and learn quickly, especially if you have prior experience in other programming languages. Started learning it recently at uni and I've been amazed at how powerful it is, especially coming from a python background lol

Anyhow, I'd agree with hotsuop in that Fabric is a good starting point, it's easier than Forge and provides tools to get you started.
Hopefully this helps :)
hotsuop
05/02/2024 7:03 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Modder
history
I personally make all my mods in fabric because I find it way less confusing!

(I am yet to try to forge or neoforge 😅)

So far as what I think about mccreator is, it's a good program, but it has big limitations. Yes, you could just go into the code and edit everything, but why not just make your own mod in the first place in just code?

And I agree with you, I just wanted to say my point clearer
hotsuop
05/02/2024 2:54 pm
I would use Fabric template mod for getting the base of you mod but for editors i would use vs code or IntelliJ. but if your a real beginner i would check out Kaupenjoes modding playlists for learning how to mod

---- Direct links ----

https://www.youtube.com/@ModdingByKaupenjoe/playlists

fabricmc.net/develop/template/
Annet
04/24/2024 6:15 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
history
Good job! When it comes to software modding, finding the right tools is crucial. If you are into Minecraft modding like I am, you know how difficult it can be to choose the best software. I recently came across a blog post about capital asset software that is surprisingly relevant to our discussion. It offers insight into about fixed assets solutions which I think translates well to organizing modding resources. This can provide valuable perspective to our modding efforts.
hotsuop
05/02/2024 2:44 pm
Ai ahh reply
JaredH4
02/16/2024 10:02 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Crafter
MCreator might work.
hotsuop
05/02/2024 2:44 pm
its way better to learn how to code than use mccreator.

you can control the mod more with your own code, but sure mcreator is easier for beginners
GG9100
02/16/2024 8:44 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
Use blockbench, i use it for skins, and mods, also its free
hotsuop
05/02/2024 2:45 pm
i also love it for when i have to make stuff for my mod 😅

i am pretty bad at it but i think its an amazing piece of software
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024