Question: what's the point of the "easy OP items" datapacks?

Oslypsis's Avatar Oslypsis2/18/23 11:59 am
1 emeralds 174 4
2/22/2023 5:48 pm
scratchcrafter1's Avatar scratchcrafter1
I've seen so many variations of these and idk why someone would use them. I'm not knocking anyone's playstyle, I'm just confused. Maybe I'm missing out on a cool gamemode or self imposed rule set.

Examples I've seen are like:
Breaking dirt gives op items
Eating gives op items
Tnt explosions drop op items
Etc

What am I missing?
Oslypsis
Level 64 : High Grandmaster Pixel Painter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

scratchcrafter1
02/22/2023 5:48 pm
Level 20 : Expert Sus
It's for lazy noobs who don't actually want to spend any time or effort.
Professor Pinny
02/18/2023 1:58 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Professor
Yeah, they're definitely not for me. But sometimes can be really fun for little ones or those who have a hard time staying interested in survival aspects of the game. Creativity is a thing that not all people can exercise well, and this may be a way for them to get enjoyment out of the game a bit more. You could really ask the same thing about any Minecraft "challenge." But I definitely see where you're coming from, I don't love these particular ones, they just aren't made for me. But doing a playthrough with an item drop randomizer can be pretty fun.
The_EnderSpider
02/18/2023 12:15 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Dragonborn
From experience, it's more of a thing for kids. I've played one of these with my little cousin, and I asked her what her favorite block was and downloaded one of these packs to play with her. She found it to be really fun as we got to play the entire game from beginning to end and kill the dragon, all while laughing a lot due to the extreme nature of the gamemode. I'm 21 now, beaten the game tons of times, done a lot and this gamemode by itself wouldnt be fun if it wasnt by this
Oslypsis
02/18/2023 1:23 pm
Level 64 : High Grandmaster Pixel Painter
Oh! Okay. Yeah I had a feeling it might've been for the younger players. I don't have kids myself, so I probably won't mess with it.

I was just worried I was missing out on some kind of challenge somehow. I've seen videos where each block's drop is randomized and I thought maybe it had something to do with that.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome