How to do redstone?

kuyo's Avatar kuyo5/4/24 7:11 am
3 emeralds 132 4
5/7/2024 6:56 am
kuyo's Avatar kuyo
I don't know how to do redstone and i need the teachings because i wanna be as good as rekrap one day.
kuyo
Level 3 : Apprentice Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

kuyo
05/05/2024 2:19 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Explorer
Thank you all
ScotsMiser
05/04/2024 2:47 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Miner
history
This https://minecraft.wiki/w/Redstone_circuits#References makes a decent place to start.

There are also an extremely large number of tutorials on the web.
Some of th ecollections I've found useful include:
Ilmango's Redstone Basics
Mubo Jumbo's Redstone videos playlist [​not all tutorials]
Iskall85's Survial Friendly Redstone

gnembon's Fun Farms [​the focus is not redstone specifically, but many of the mechanics covered are important in designing redstone]
_Methodz_ [​unfortunately no RS specific playlist, but some good technical vids]

A few things to look out for:
1) while the basics are much the same as many ytears ago some things have changed and not all the tutorials have been updated
(this is more often a matter of more efficient designs, but sometimes game changes just break things)
2) the sources listed above are generally quite good at explaining thigs — something you should try to avoid are 'black magic' tutorials (those that will show you how to build something, but not how and why it works)

Beyond that, actually building things for yourself (start by adapting/improving the designs of others) is the best way to learn.
Lickydog
05/04/2024 2:39 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Modder
Watch YouTube and learn by testing other people's builds and experimenting on your own. For example, watch a video explaining a build (for example a redstone door, an item sorter) and try to recreate it later without help from the video through trial and error. I can't really give you a whole explanation on the parts, because I'm not the best myself and will probably get things wrong. A good understanding of logic makes it easier to know where to put parts without repeatedly testing different configurations, but you will still get things wrong sometimes.
lloyddominic26
05/04/2024 3:01 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Birb
I have to agree with this one!
Watching tutorial videos and experimenting is probably the best way to learn redstone.

I used to watch redstone videos in YouTube back in the day. Some of the channels I recommend are the following:
After watching, you also need to try and experience redstone for yourself, as you will learn more if you do it hands-on.
Of course, you would need to start with the basics first, like learning the fundamentals of redstone circuits, such as what each redstone component do and how to make logic gates. After that, you could try working on simple projects like an automatic sliding door or a simple door combination lock.

* Note: I believe the spawner minecarts, which were used in the redstone printer video, only works in older versions of Minecraft. I did a recreation of the redstone printer in a newer version of Minecraft a few years ago, and it involved using command blocks to spawn blocks.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome