Announcement that causes me to actually have an opinion

ToDream's Avatar ToDream1/27/21 8:15 pm
1/28/2021 5:34 pm
ToDream's Avatar ToDream
News flash! COVID-19 vaccines are now out. They’re being handed out to everybody...one at a time. Specific groups include health care workers, teachers, police officers, people 65 years old and up, and other people who work in areas concerning large groups of people. Other people come afterwards. This means that kids

will

be probably

getting it

last.

Now. YOU kids in the audience. Do you think that you should be getting the vaccine right alongside all the other people who come after?

The average response would be “Heck yeah! We all need it! We’re important TOO.”

P a u s e.

Now, just tell me if that was your reaction. No need to be ashamed. Don’t mind the fact that I have a board with a tally chart. (Kidding. I don’t.)

U n p a u s e.

Now. The vaccines have only come out recently. This means that they are still being produced and not many in number. There are estimations that say that it’s unlikely that they will be widely available until the middle of 2021. It’s impossible to give out a large amount of vaccines to an even larger amount of people. The solution? Slice it up in pieces. The vaccine is being handed out to the people who are either more easily infected or that work in public spaces with lots of people. After this part of society has been given the vaccine, attention can then be focused on the next round of people, which might include YOU.

My point is, that even though you aren’t getting it now, you’ll be getting it later on. If you disagree, that’s fine, you have your own points and reasons which are probably equally reasonable. Just take this little message into consideration.

This message is not meant to be insensitive to people who have lost others to COVID-19. I’m sorry for your loss, and I won’t say that I know how it feels, because I don’t. I can only comfort you.

This is also not to be interpreted as propaganda.

Yes, I do know this will cause quite a big amount of controversy.

Congratulations! You found the secret message. What is the secret message? You just read it.
ToDream
Level 46 : Master Necromancer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Indraft
01/28/2021 3:14 pm
They/Them • Level 54 : Grandmaster Cowboy Pixel Puncher
what's been failed to come to light is that children aren't even greenlighted to take the vaccine yet. only pfizer has allowed those 16 and up to possibly receive it. moreover, most rural counties have completely screwed up the list, so those that are younger are more likely to get it than those 25 and up.

afaik, the current understanding is that children are in the middle. they're not the priority, but they're not last. the ones that are last are those with no at-risk conditions, nor essential or healthcare workers. these are people like your older brothers and college students.

all in all, don't disregard the vaccine distribution as putting children last. get on the waitlist if there is one--and. Wait. continue to wear a mask to slow the spread. we won't be vaccinated soon, but we will be vaccinated soon (if you catch my drift).
ToDream
01/28/2021 5:34 pm
Well said. You get a sub just because of this.
PLEASEdeleteAccountNow
01/28/2021 3:54 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Zombie
Agreed, and due to regulatory concerns (none taken lightly) and the fact that there is no clinical trial data specifically addressing usage of the vaccine and subsequent pharmacovigilance analysis in pediatric populations: children are not being neglected but protected by a cautious approach.

Yell at me if you wish, disagree with me if you wish (Indraft: none of this is at you, it's to "anyone" reading), but likely I'm among the vast minority of posters here in that yes, I'm a graduate degreed scientist and also currently employed in clinical development of pharmaceuticals and clinical trials intended for their approval and regulation.
char-png
01/28/2021 9:14 am
Level 43 : Master Lemon
I agree but
What secret message are you talking about?? I've read this post at least 5 times and can't find any secret message
ToDream
01/28/2021 11:19 am
You already read it.
char-png
01/28/2021 11:32 am
Level 43 : Master Lemon
ohhh now I get it, I was using dark mode lol
ToDream
01/28/2021 8:56 am
Some moderator will probably report this sooner or later
inzanely
01/27/2021 9:11 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Skinner
i will be getting the vaccine as soon as possible, because i don't want to put my grandparents at risk
thebaum64
01/27/2021 9:09 pm
Level 94 : Overlord Creator
Yea no thanks for me, the side effect list for the vaccine is WAY to big with a rate of success being small. Hard pass.
Hardcrafter
01/28/2021 10:14 am
Level 43 : Master Wolf
There is a long list of possible side effects for every vaccine and medication on the market.

If you avoid medication and vaccines because of the side effects which have a relatively low chance of fatality compared to having a preventable disease, you're just setting yourself up for failure.
thebaum64
01/28/2021 11:45 am
I would rather get Covid than have perm side effects. Most cases of Covid are only loss of sense of taste and smell until its through your system. There are people who have permanent neurological damage from the vaccine
Hardcrafter
01/28/2021 1:03 pm
Please show me the data on the neurological damage. If it exists at all, is it from a credible source?
thebaum64
01/28/2021 1:23 pm
Google is your friend
Hardcrafter
01/28/2021 2:33 pm
history
It doesn't help your argument if you're telling me to look it up myself. You're the one making the claim, which means you have the burden of proof.

If anything, telling me that "Google is my friend" just tells me that you're too lazy to provide the facts I've asked for.
Paril
01/28/2021 9:17 am
He/Him • Level 88 : Elite Scapegoat Programmer
I dunno; injection-site pain, chills, feeling a bit tired and feverish seem pretty light in comparison to having my lungs destroyed by COVID. I think it'll be important that everybody gets it eventually, lest we let the virus be the last thing on the record of humanity.
thebaum64
01/28/2021 11:45 am
I would rather get Covid than have perm side effects. Most cases of Covid are only loss of sense of taste and smell until its through your system. There are people who have permanent neurological damage from the vaccine
PLEASEdeleteAccountNow
01/28/2021 1:13 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Zombie
There are people with permanent side effects and also death (which I do think is kinda permanent as well?) from COVID.
SouthDakotaGirl
01/27/2021 9:04 pm
Level 51 : Grandmaster Vampire
No comment.
DespairingLakePasta
01/27/2021 8:48 pm
Level 50 : Grandmaster Goblin
adolescent speaking;

if i get covid without a vaccine, i don't give a shit. if i get it, i get it. the only person i'm worried about is my sister, who has a compromised immune system. the only reason i want to get the vaccine is because of her.
HoboMaggot
01/27/2021 8:37 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Blob
Im pretty sure its already proven that generally the older people are more susceptible to covid than children. Thats why the children are getting it last, because they have milder symptoms while for the older people its life-threatening due to a weaker immune system. Immuno-compromised people belong in the older people range as well.

If the younger people were more susceptible to dying from it than the older people, the order would be reversed and the younger people would get tha vaccine 1st.

I dont get how this is unpopular opinion when im pretty sure the average 12 year old+ would know that older people are more frail and probably need more priority
Wannabe TommyInnit
01/27/2021 8:37 pm
Level 41 : Master Magical Boy
Well the kids don't need it because they don't have a higher chance of receiving VOVID-NINTEN.
Hardcrafter
01/27/2021 8:25 pm
Honestly, I'd rather it if those who are at a higher risk get the vaccine first. I don't care if I'm not vaccinated until Fall 2021.
ShadowHunter42
01/27/2021 8:17 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Loremaster
agreed
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome