Minecraft Server & Single Player World Generation

Ezacu's Avatar Ezacu6/16/17 6:34 pm
1 emeralds 186
This is from Minecraft Forum and the post is about 6 years old but I still wonder what is the answer.

You know how when your on a Minecraft server you feel like the map your playing on is amazing and you wonder why you can't ever get anything like this in Single Player? I was playing on a server I've been on for a while and they just had a map reset due to a pole taken on their website, I was exploring and I saw so many great possibilities for things, places, and mechanisms I could build in this terrain that seemed so awesomely generated. This almost always happens to me when I'm playing on a server, the terrain looks so cool and I see so many possible sites for creation that it annoys me when I join single player I can't find a single place to build anything worth while.

I began thinking more about this. Is this because your around other players and you strive to build something bigger, better, or more efficient then them? Is it because the server owners know tons of good seeds? Is it just that because your on a server you want to show off what you can do?

How many of you agree with me saying that it seems like multiplayer maps seem to spike your interest in building/doing things more? Please post your thoughts.
Last edited by LieutenantJordan: Nov 26, 2011
Ezacu
Level 7 : Apprentice Mage