I can't change my skin.... Literally

rekrap2's Avatar rekrap25/28/20 10:31 am
1 emeralds 485
Before you read this, I just want to say. I have a video that explains this a little bit better with some graphics, so if you want an easier explanation watch this video. Thanks and if you have any ideas as to how I could fix this please let me know.

  To begin this story we’re going to have to go back in time. 10 years ago to be exact.

It all started when I played minecraft for the first time. It was 2010, a few days after beta released. Minecraft was just getting some traction and my family was obsessed. From the first we saw a fan made trailer, we were hooked. It surpassed any game we had played and a year and a half later I decided to buy it. As a 9 year old 24 dollars sounded like a lot. Thankfully I got it half off.

This was a time when minecraft accounts were self proclaimed entities, Mojang accounts didn’t even exist. They were not introduced until late 2012. This meant that my account was not linked with anything other than the email that purchased the game. In this case it was my parents account.

Here’s where it gets complicated. My dad already had an account linked with his email so all my information was tied to that. I could login fine and I could even change my skin for a time. However, once mojang accounts were created, you needed to migrate a premium minecraft account to the new mojang version for optimal functionality. This allowed you to access realms and get a free copy of the bedrock version. I wasn’t concerned with that though. All I cared about was playing the game.

Fast forward to 2019, A cousin invited me to play on a realm with him, and I was in. I’d never played on a realm before, and I was hyped. So I loaded up minecraft and clicked the realms icon. Then I got this message. Ok that seemed easy enough. All I needed to do was migrate my account. Easy enough right?

had no idea what I just got myself into

I followed the link and it took me to minecraft’s website login page. I tried to login, but my minecraft information would not work, so I followed this link. I asked me for my information, so I typed it all in, but, like I said before, my account was linked with my dads email, and he already migrated his account. I tried my dads email, but that didn’t work either. So I created a new Mojang account in hopes that I could simply transfer my information to that. It didn’t work either.

With no idea how to proceed I scoured the minecraft website. Eventually I came to this page. Like they say here, migrating an account allows you to change your username, add security, access realms, and change your skin. That’s what i want. It says I can migrate my account at their migration page, but we’ve already been there and tried that.

However they have a link for anyone having further trouble. Thats me. “Having multiple accounts linked to one email? Bingo!It was previously possible to have multiple Minecraft accounts linked to a single email address. “Currently, only one copy of each Mojang game is allowed per migrated account. For people with multiple Minecraft accounts linked to a single email, this means that you will have to choose which account to migrate. If you need to migrate a second paid Minecraft account to a Mojang account, you can do so with a different email and Mojang account.”

This is the part I didn’t understand though. “You can do so with a different email and mojang account. I made a new mojang account, but there is still one email linked with both accounts so what do they mean by “different email.” maybe the one associated with my new mojang account?

Either way I was confused, so I emailed them. “I purchased Minecraft in 2012, but linked it to my dad's email so I'm having trouble migrating my old premium minecraft account to my new mojang account” a few minutes later I got an automatic reply that said it would take up to 6 months to reach my reply. Well… that sucks. I forgot about it for the moment and went back to playing minecraft. Afterall, I didn’t NEED to change my skin or play in realms.

2 and a half months later I actually got a response! I remember briefly seeing it pop up on my phone, but I didn’t take any action. After all the realm server was over and I had no reason to upgrade. Plus using my username to login was pretty cool. I mean who could claim that?! You had to buy the game between 2011 and 2012 on an email that already purchased the account.

Fast Forward to me starting to make videos I wanted to change my skin for a video… yeah still have that problem. I started to familiarize myself on the matter and looked back at the email that came in October. Basically I needed to contact skrill and get my transaction ID. I sent them an email with several ideas as to what the email used for the purchase could be and I’ve been waiting. Skrill is an e-commerce business that allows payments and money transfers to be made through the Internet, with a focus on low-cost international money transfers if you didn’t know. Had to google that one.

And that’s where the story ends. I’m waiting for a response from skrill, and just maybe I can migrate my account.

For now ill just take pride in using my username to login. Its the best I can do.
rekrap2
Level 20 : Expert Miner