Issue with variated villager GUI textures with Optifine

Cymeru Shansi's Avatar Cymeru Shansi3/26/24 3:21 am history
1 emeralds 104
Hello everyone~

I'm currently working on updating my texture pack Advanced GUI Stone Bricks from Minecraft 1.18 to 1.20.4 and have encountered a problem I haven't been able to solve myself in many hours of research. This problem is that my alternative villager GUI textures aren't showing a different GUI texture based on each villager's profession. The following is the formatting of the armorer.properties file for the armorer profession and my texture files armorer.png are in the same folder under the optifine/gui/container path.

container=villager
texture=armorer
professions=armorer

As far as I can tell I'm not doing anything improperly and my shulker box, horse, llama, and chest alternative GUI textures are working just fine in 1.20.4 with no edits from my 1.18 formatting, but something is wrong with the villager's as it isn't working. I have even looked to see how other texture packs have addressed this issue in 1.20.4 but I can't even find a texture pack supported in 1.20.4 that deals with alternate villager GUIs that work in 1.20.4 to reverse engineer the issue. If anyone could give me any insight I'd be grateful. And if you need any more information I'd be glad to share, just ask, and thank you.
Cymeru Shansi
Level 14 : Journeyman Artist