Fantasy Mixtape ~ Inspiring Music from the Fantasy Nichequeue_music

PsioPsia001's Avatar PsioPsia001 7/20/2022 6:53 am history
12 emeralds 349 20
7/20/2022 6:53 am
PsioPsia001's Avatar PsioPsia001

Greetings!
Welcome to the Fantasy Mixtape
created by the Fantasy Niche!

Here we are sharing music that inspires us to create our works that are not of this world!

Want to share your favorite magical tunes to create to? To have it added to the list, give us:
1. A link from YouTube of your music of choice
2. What category does it fit in?
If it doesn't belong in any current categories, list a new one.

Keep the music E for everyone. Rules state: "Planet Minecraft strives to be a family friendly community..."
Thank you.

Check out the comments for the recommenders' lists of music.

Hip-Hop
Lofi

Abstract/Horrorcore

Synthwave

If anyone would like to, it would be neat to have a banner for this!
Also I would like to ask for 2 volunteers from the group to help update this.

LogMaiden
Level 69 : High Grandmaster Paladin

Create an account or sign in to comment.

PsioPsia001
07/20/2022 6:53 am
Level 56 : Grandmaster Ranger
GreenWood-Ballad about The Black Death

Bard-Like, Vocals
(it has English subtitles if you want to understand the lyrics)
PsioPsia001
07/20/2022 5:16 am
Level 56 : Grandmaster Ranger
ERA-Ameno
ERA-Enae Volare Mezzo
I don't know what category...they have lyrics but they might not have any meaning
inzanely
06/27/2022 3:08 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Skinner
i'm reviving this thread by giving you the complete soundtrack to lord of the rings

the fellowship of the ring
the two towers
the return of the king

i assume most, if not all of the tracks belong in the "instrumental" category
LogMaiden
06/27/2022 6:24 pm
Theses are the best! I will add them soon. :)
inzanely
05/18/2022 11:14 pm
i have no idea which category this would fit under, but i want to think instrumental? actually now that i think of it, almost all of the tracks from sonic and the black knight would fit perfectly with this playlist
Prince Ren
05/13/2022 9:31 am
Level 49 : Master Mage
Awesome omggg

Okay, starting off, for character and/or backstory inspiration (usually fantasy/medieval themed, but not always), I gravitate toward Alternative/Indie music, such as Radical Face. Most of his music tells a story of its own, which is why it really helps with inspiration.
Radical face songs (mostly ones I listen to often. All of them imo are amazing though, so i highly suggest checking them out)
There's a chance some of these songs have curse words or darker themes, but I don't quite remember. I'd suggest searching up the lyrics to check if you're interested in any specific songs.

Welcome home, Son

The Crooked Kind

Always gold

Black eyes

Summer skeletons

Severus and Stone

Servants and Kings (the volume name could have a word that's considered bad in it, so warning for that)

Nightclothes (same as the previous volume/warning)
Sisters (same as previous volume/warning)

Doorways (this is a fanmade music video, but it's honestly so beautiful, hence why I linked this specific one. This is probably one of my favourite songs and highly inspired a series I'm writing)

Another Alt/Indie band I listen to often for inspiration is The Paper Kites
The Paper Kites (Woodland)
This link will send you to an entire EP/playlist. A lot of these songs are incredibly inspiring to me. The EP is about 25 minutes long, with six songs total.

Woodland (full EP)

I think some of my favourites from this EP are Featherstone and The Mortal Boy King. The rest of the songs are honestly amazing, but those two stand out to me and hold a special place in my heart. The entire EP, however, is probably one of my favourites, even just to listen to.

More Alt/Indie bands!! woo! SYML is another great one. I love all of their music, but some stand out to me.

SYML (You knew it was me)
The link to this is another playlist/EP. This was an EP that inspired a very important point for one of my main characters. This EP is about 22 minutes long, with six songs. It's all instrumental from what I remember.

You knew it was me (full EP)

I think my favourite one, and the one that really inspired the most of my character, is the first one I wanted to leave.

SYML made a proper story to go along with these songs, so I highly suggest checking it out (although, fair warning, it does contain some possibly triggering content as there is a car accident & aftermath).

The Lumineers are also Alt/Indie I believe. A lot of people know of them, but I just wanted to mention them because they were a big part of my life growing up and were often a huge inspiration. A lot of their songs also follow a story, similar to Radical Faces.

Of Monsters and Men, an Indie Rock band. All of their music is a huge inspiration to me. I'll be linking the ones that were huge parts of character inspiration as well as story inspiration in the spoiler below.

Of Monsters and Men
Just a warning, some of the music videos I'll be linking can be a little disturbing, but I don't believe they're too bad.

Little talks

King and Lionheart

Love Love Love

Sloom

I suggest taking a look at all of their other songs as well, as they're amazing!

Daughter is another Alt/Indie band. I like a lot of their music as well, but here are a few that really stood out to me in terms of inspiration.

Daughter
Please note, a lot of these songs have a really sad vibe or are just generally sad, so please be safe listening. It does help with darker characters or backstories, at least for me.

Youth

Shallows (this one is especially beautiful)

Smother

Some honourable mentions (more alt/indie, some folk as well, like The Oh Hellos). Some of these might have a sadder vibe as well, but, again, were quite inspiring to me for some characters.
I suggest checking out the bands/people mentioned here, as their music is truly wonderful.

The Wisp Sings - Winter aid
Waste. - Oh wonder
Holocene - Bon Iver
Saturn - Sleeping At Last
Soldier, Poet, King - The Oh Hellos (I'm pretty sure everyone who's into fantasy/medieval stuff knows this by now lol)
The Oh Hellos have a ton of good music that I know inspired me a lot, but sadly, I haven't listened to them in ages and wouldn't be able to link the ones that used to inspire me. I highly suggest checking them out, though.

A lot of Hozier's music is inspiring, but some of the songs have some not-kid-friendly themes and contain curse words. I suggest checking him out, but be wary. (Cherry Wine is one of my favourites, but it's a very dark and quite a sad song. Same with In the woods somewhere).

That's all I can think of atm. I might add more later, so keep an eye out :eyes:

EDIT: ALL of AURORAs songs are insanely inspirational and linking all of them would take a very, very long time -- time of which I do not currently have. but PLEASE check her out she's amazing and one of my favourite artists by far. Her music is kinda folk-y, but a lot of it has a very etheral feel to it.
Aethera
05/12/2022 8:32 am
Level 58 : Grandmaster Fox
Oh my, I am quite excited for this! ♥

Artemis - Lindsey Stirling
Between Twilight - Lindsey Stirling
Beyond the Veil - Lindsey Stirling
Black Water Lilies - AURORA
Elements - Lindsey Stirling
Flower Maiden - Dzivia
Guardian - Lindsey Stirling
In the Night - Laura Brehm
Lost Girls - Lindsey Stirling
Master of Tides - Lindsey Stirling
Monody - TheFatRat, ft. Laura Brehm
Mortals - Warriyo, ft. Laura Brehm
Runaway - AURORA
The Arena - Lindsey Stirling
The Calling - TheFatRat, ft. Laura Brehm
Under the Water - AURORA
Valkyrie - Varien, ft. Laura Brehm
Valkyrie II: Lacuna - Varien, ft. Cassandra Kay
Valkyrie III: Atonement - Varien, ft. Laura Brehm
Warrior - AURORA
We'll Meet Again - TheFatRat & Laura Brehm
Winter Bird - AURORA

I'm listing these in a separate category because they are specifically video game soundtracks. x

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Jeremy Soule)

- Ancient Stones
- From Past to Present
- Secunda
- The City Gates
- The Streets of Whiterun
- Tundra
- Wind Guide You

Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Koji Kondo)

- Molduga Theme
- Purified Dragon
- Rito Village (Day)
- Urbosa's Theme
- Vah Naboris Theme
- Vah Ruta Theme
- Zora's Domain (Day)

Super Mario Galaxy (Mahito Yokota & Koji Kondo)

- Battlerock Galaxy
- Gusty Garden Galaxy
- Melty Molten Galaxy
- Space Junk Road
LogMaiden
05/12/2022 7:50 pm
What category would you like your first section of music to be in?
Wallaoe123
05/12/2022 7:39 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Llama
I like mostly evil-sounding music, like the
. Azerbaijan Anthem
. Soviet Anthem
. Imperial March/Suite
LogMaiden
05/12/2022 7:47 pm
Its interesting that you enjoy anthems. Pretty unique. How do you get inspired by them? Like what do you create?
Wallaoe123
05/13/2022 5:37 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Llama
Evil sounding anthems/marches pretty much just help me think about what groups of evil organism would do. Like say, there's a clan of vampiric goblins that are at war with a locality of forest dwelling hermits. The anthems help me think about how the goblins would attack the village and how would they attempt to march to the hermits to attack them and what their society would look like.
LogMaiden
05/13/2022 8:35 am
Oh! I understand now. I can imagine it. Thanks for the answer.
spicy_pumpkin
05/11/2022 10:30 pm
Level 48 : Master Goblin
Apologies in advance, I got very excited and had a lot of songs to suggest! I could add even more, but I’ll let others add first xD

A few songs for the 'power metal’ section:

If you could make a section called 'symphonic metal' and put these in that'd be great!:

Some other metal I’m not sure fits into either of the other sections? You decide 👉👈 sorry (possibly just an ‘other metal’ section?)
And lastly for bard-like music - vocals, The Willow Maid by Erutan
LogMaiden
05/11/2022 10:53 pm
I love Gloryhammer! Nice!
spicy_pumpkin
05/11/2022 11:13 pm
!! :D
spicy_pumpkin
05/11/2022 10:31 pm
oh goodness all the links broke, i'll fix them one moment

edit: got them fixed lmao
inzanely
05/11/2022 9:25 pm
here's a cover of kingdom dance that i think would fit into the bard-like category!
LogMaiden
05/11/2022 9:27 pm
Very nice!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome