VPS/Dedicated Server Hosting Help

granmasboy99's Avatar granmasboy998/6/16 6:53 pm
1 emeralds 114
I am new to hosting servers on VPS/Dedicated hosts. So if someone can give me a little insight that would be awesome. I was told by a few people on a VPS live chat that dedicated servers would work best for my particular application, which is hosting minecraft servers. Only minecraft servers, no other game servers would be hosted on the same VPS/Dedicated Server. A few questions I have are listed below, if you have any answer, it would be greatly appreciated if you leave it in a reply! Thanks!

1. How much RAM should a decent Dedicated Server have in order to host atleast 10 servers at one time, keep in mind that whoever uses one of the minecraft servers hosted on that dedicate server, could have many maps, and a large amount of plugins, which need to be accounted for in the amount of RAM the Dedicated Server has.

2. Is a VPS or Dedicated server better for hosting that amount of minecraft servers, again keep in mind CPU power, RAM, and storage each has.

3. Can a VPS/Dedicated server do webhosting as well? For example a minecraft server being rented has the option for a website hosting addon.

4. What amount of CPU power/Storage should I be looking for in a VPS/Dedicated Server? *Note by storage I do NOT mean RAM.

5. If I were to decide to host other games such as Garry's Mod, etc. as well, would it be possible to do that on the same VPS/Dedicated Server. or would another server have to be rented. I understand that if this is possible more RAM, etc. would be needed to keep up with all of this.

That's all I can really think of for right now. If you have more insight to give besides the questions I've already asked, or if you need more information from me, let me know! Thanks again for the help, its really appreciated.
granmasboy99
Level 9 : Apprentice Network