How to tell if your server is the best in the world

Pangamma's Avatar Pangamma1/14/14 3:59 am
1 emeralds 165
It's difficult to find a common metric for determining if a server is the "best in the world". There are so many different areas to be "the best" at, people usually pick a few areas of strength to advertise. My example is "pixel art". I want to say my server is the best in the world because it has over 3,000 pixel art builds, all made by hand, many over 200x200 in size.

"Bullcrap." <-- is what everyone immediately thinks as soon as I say it is the best in the world. Seriously, how do you measure being the best? You can't use polls, because those are often biased. You can't use popularity, because the best servers might not be the most populated. Servers with a lot of money might have a lot of money because they charge for every little feature they give their players.

I see a lot of PVP servers and creative servers saying they are "the best" all the time. Whenever I see it, I think to myself "what makes your server better than mine? Sure your server might be good, maybe even great, but the best? Don't be so full of yourself." That's why I try to stay away from every saying something is "the best"; it could alienate server owners who are potential players.

Without polls, or using popularity as a metric, how would you go about deciding if your server was "the best" in the world? I'd like to hear your thoughts on the matter.
Pangamma
Level 60 : High Grandmaster Programmer