Minecraft 1.16

AGTRigorMortis's Avatar AGTRigorMortis11/17/21 2:14 pm
1 emeralds 76
Normally I'd carry on using bedrock edition, but it looks like recent changes to the game have left me no choice but to consider making a 1.16 locked Java edition vanilla Minecraft server for friends to play on. I have a friend who would rather not have to deal with the shenanigans of Caves and Cliffs update and I agree with him on this one, not only is the ore distribution messed up, but we don't get gold ingot drops from Drowned Zombies anymore, even though the Notch apple already got a nerf before this, which should have been enough. But Mojang just won't stop with these ridiculous nerfs that continue to make the game more grindy and time consuming.

I don't know what Mojang was thinking when they decided on these changes, but Caves and Cliffs update definitely isn't for builders in survival, if it were, they would've left the existing mechanics alone and expanded on them with new decoration blocks and the build height only, no tampering with ore generation which wasn't even broken to begin with.

What's everybody else's experience with old Java servers? I am aware everybody else who uses them does so for different reasons, some may not like updates making mods incompatible, others may not like combat update, others same as me, but whatever it may be, until content parity happens with bedrock edition, I am left with no choice but to go back to Java edition again, as much as I hate Java version because of its poor optimization.
AGTRigorMortis
Level 11 : Journeyman Miner