Expired Domains Devlog 1: Endless Caverns, Plans, and a Break

SpiritTheMan's Avatar SpiritTheMan4/11/24 7:52 pm
2 emeralds 55

Welcome back to my project, Expired Domains! It's been a while since my last devlog, and I only spent the first few weeks after working on it, although I did have a vacation I went on with some family between then and now. I did, however, get some good work done on the pack before said vacation, and have had some time to think about the lore a bit and what dimensions I will be adding and some content. I will not disclose all of my plans, as I intend for this pack to be riddled with secrets. Currently, though, I've been putting a lot of passion into another project unrelated to minecraft, so I will likely be taking a bit of a break before I recommence work on Expired Domains. With all that said, here is some of what I've been working on. (or at least what I remember)

The Endless Caverns is a dimension geographically composed entirely of caves. It will be consistent of a few biomes, most commonly the Dripstone Caverns. These caverns are filled with dripstone stalagmites and stalagtites, as well as massively huge formations, some of which span from the lowest possible point to the highest. This dimension in general has a lot of open air and y difference, making an elytra an attractive option. As well, all vanilla ores except for emerald ore will generate in any y level, making mining here a massive step up from overworld mining. These recources aren't free, though, as The Endless Caverns will be home to a host of strange creatures and entities set on their next meal in a starved echosystem.

A screenshot of The Endless Caverns, Dripstone Caverns.

As I mentioned, I have come up with more dimension ideas for Expired Domains. Here is every newly planned dimension that isn't a secret.

Void
Mainly used for a structure important to both lore and gameplay as this is were the Dimensional Displacer will be found. Otherwise empty except maybe the occasional structure. Will be reachable through the Dimensional Displacer and through a strange machine found near spawn.

Aquatus
An ocean world with massive entities and sunken structures with no clear history. Will be reachable through the Dimensional Displacer.

Scorched Desert
A scorched red sand desert with signs of ancient advanced civilization, wiped out by a depicted angel of flames. Reachable through the Dimensional Displacer.

Elder World
A snowy cityscape ruined by industralization, with only dead trees and ashen grasses as evidence of natural life. Reachable through the Dimensional Displacer when Foreign Locator is activated on it.

As mentioned, there are also secret dimensions, accessed similarly to The Elder World, but with their own items, if even reachable via Dimensional Displacer.

I have also been working on an enemy for Permafrost of which I am quite proud, but don't feel like showing off yet.

If you have any ideas, concerns, or criticisms, let me know so I can make this datapack awesome. Till next time!

-.-. --- ..- .-.. -.. -. .----. - - .... .. -. -.- --- ..-. .- -. -.-- - .... .. -. --. -.-- . - -- .- -.-- -... . -.-. --- -- . -... .- -.-. -.- .-.. .- - . .-. .-.. --- .-..
SpiritTheMan
Level 39 : Artisan Loremaster