Micro-managing a server-- a poll

_DioM_'s Avatar _DioM_3/20/13 10:37 pm
1 emeralds 80
So I'm in the process of building a high-quality, team-build server by name of Kiri.

Thus far, I've came upon two awesome ideas in regards to worlds, however I'm not sure what way is best to go. (Keep in mind, my server is quite strong, with eight gigs of ram, an 8 core cpu, and 50 gigs of hard drive space. Thus, power isn't a concern.)

Awesome Ideas Both Awesome Ideas will Share

1. There shall be a small world where guests prove themselves before they can build in the other worlds. I'm not fully sure how that'll work (not plotworlds, as they're overdone and difficult to properly manage. Perhaps mini team-builds will be done).

2. Players shall have to rank up and earn the ability to build in each world. Of course, they'll be able to tour the other worlds freely.

3. One world will host the main, giant spawn, but each world will have a smaller one.

4. There will be staff assigned to each world.

Awesome Idea #1

The server is divided into small, cell-like worlds. Each world has a different theme. for example, one may be home to a fantasy landscape, while another may mirror a modern-day city. New players will first have to prove themselves before they can build other worlds.

Awesome Idea #2

There are a few worlds. The one dedicated to guests still exists, most of the others are combined into one larger world, with one theme. There will likely be secondary worlds, but they'll be minor details.

So, what awesome idea does the Internet prefer? And do you, dear PMC, have any suggestions or comments?

(Oh, and if you'd like to follow our server development, feel free to check out our feed at www.kiri-mc.tumblr.com)
_DioM_
Level 29 : Expert Scribe