Account Updatenotifications_active

Escapazition's Avatar Escapazition2/22/24 8:39 pm history
3 emeralds 67
As of writing this, I’ve been on PMC for almost two months, and since then, I’ve reached level eight and gained twenty-three subscribers. I’m thankful for all of the support you've given me so far. Today, I just wanted to run through with you some of my plans going forward on the site.

So, I’m still working on getting some maps out, but it’s been pretty slow due to a number of different things (mostly school). Right now, I have two maps uploaded with one more announced. The Tale of William Darkstone is still happening, but it’s still gunna be a while before that comes out (although I could put together a status update for that if you want). Moving on to the maps you actually can download, while my challenge map, The Tower of Steve, I think did really well, my non-challenge map, A Breath of Sunrise, did not. If I were to guess why, I’d say it’s probably just because A Breath of Sunrise wasn’t as interesting as The Tower of Steve, and I think I also enjoy making challenge maps more than normal builds. So with that, I want to focus exclusively on challenge maps for Java and Bedrock from here on out (it’s kind of in my account name), however, I had a Homestar Runner themed map in the works, and even though it’s not a challenge map, it would be a shame if I didn’t finish it, so I plan on that being my last one for the foreseeable future.

But like I said, these maps are taking a while to make, and I want to do something else for in between releases. No, I don’t plan on skinning. There’s plenty of skilled people doing that already. I was thinking of writing blogs that center around maps on the platform. My first idea was writing commentary blogs that talk about my experience with the maps I make; although I don’t have enough maps to really make that work, maybe in the future. My second idea was making the blogs about other maps, running through gems you might miss, overviews of individual maps, something along the lines of that. I don’t know, I want to see what you think.

That’s it for now. Comment below if you have any questions or suggestions and thanks again for your support and taking the time to read this.
Escapazition
Level 17 : Journeyman Scribe