Making a Custom Water Loop (Need Some Help)

Woodilicious's Avatar Woodilicious7/9/15 6:32 pm
1 emeralds 182
Hey guys,
In the near-future, I am going to start water cooling my PC. I've decided to go with a custom loop for multiple reasons, which I don't feel necessary to list here. (*cough* they look cooler *cough*)

Unfortunately, though, I have no idea what I'm doing in this area. I have a basic idea of how everything works, and I know the necessary parts, but I honestly have no idea about what parts are good, what parts are bad, where to get parts, what the best parts are, and other things.

In the past 20 minutes, I threw this list of parts together, however I have no idea if I did anything wrong/clumsy/stupid.

CPU Block: This $80
GPU Block: This $95
Pump: This $50
Reservoir: This $35
Radiator: This $55
Tubing: This $15
Fluid: Distilled Water $5

In total, this would only cost about $435, but with the added cost of compression fittings, I'd assume the price would be more around $500. That's what I'm trying to keep the price around, if possible.

I just have a few questions, though, for people who know more about this stuff than me:
-How much tubing should I need
-How much fluid should I need
-Is it bad to use distilled water as a fluid
-If I have a GPU that currently has an aftermarket cooler, will a water block for the reference model of that card fit on it

If anyone could make any improvements on this, I'd gladly appreciate it.

(I didn't ask this question in the PC Group Chat because I don't think anyone there has any real-life experience with this sort of stuff. It's nothing against you guys, though, I just haven't heard anyone ever mention custom water loops lol)
Woodilicious
Level 36 : Artisan Blockhead