7th Grade PBworks Thing 1 + Commentary

TheNewTK421's Avatar TheNewTK4212/10/23 8:52 am history
2 emeralds 97
Alright, so here's the first of a number of PBworks things I made for the second of my two non-homeschools. I made this and the other PBworks things when I was a cringy 13-year-old (as opposed to a non-cringy 13-year-old.) Be warned, it is somewhat cringe.

So I sat there for quite some time. In case you’re not sure what I’m talking about, I will go back a bit. My owner had been cleaning their room, and, apparently, their idea of “cleaning a room” is shoving EVERY SINGLE LITTLE THING in some random closet, and then forget about all of it. That’s so shameful! And I had ended up in the very back, too. You’d figure that I’d get an owner that actually knew where everything was going to go. Nope, of course not. Why would it EVER be that way? That makes zero sense (you can tell I have a large amount of sarcasm and very little patience.) I sat there for at least a quarter of a day. Luckily, my owner found me when their parent told them how to actually clean a room properly. By the way, I’m some super obscure 1980’s action figure (I’m not even sure what I’m supposed to be exactly), but anyhow, I got back to my proper spot and everything was all right. I remember dealing with what I think was a spider. At least that’s what I think it was. It’s not like it matters anymore, because since I’m not in the closet, it can’t bother me anymore, and it’s not like anyone uses that closet anyhow.

Alright, so here's some context and commentary and other stuff:
  • The assignment this was written for asked students to write a story taken from the perspective of an item in a house. For this one, I apparently chose a 1980s (misspelled as "1980's") action figure of some sort. I never really specify who or what I'm supposed to be an action figure of, but apparently I come from the '80s. I don't necessarily think this is based on anything in particular that I own, though for all I know I might, in fact, have some '80s action figures around here (whether or not they're "super obscure" is debatable.) I think I just made it a "super obscure 1980's action figure" because that would apparently sound cool or something.
  • I guess the shoving of stuff into closets as a method of "cleaning" may or may not be true to some extent, but unfortunately I apparently decided to get somewhat cringily hammy in expressing that thought. Note I specify it being "cringily hammy". Arguably speaking, there's good hammy and there's bad hammy. This is bad hammy. Oh well. At least I can sort of have a sense of humor about it and maybe enjoy making fun of it.
  • I don't know to what extent an inanimate object can "deal with" something. I mean, all I as an action figure can really do in this scenario is let the spider (or whatever it was) walk all over me, unless I have some Toy Story-esque ability which allows me to actually do stuff. However, in that case, why couldn't I have just gotten myself out of the closet instead of just sitting there until my owner got me out? Like, even if I'm buried behind a bunch of stuff, I could at least be able to attempt some sort of escape by myself. But anyway, I think Toy Story-esque abilities might have been ruled out since I think the stories were specifically written about inanimate (you know, as in not moving) objects, though that may be hard to say since I don't remember all the other stories that everyone else did. Sadly, I don't know if anyone else preserved their stories. Anyways, I'll just end this list item here since it's getting long.
  • I'm not entirely sure what I can say about matters of grammar in here. I mean, I don't think it necessarily matters too much in this context, but at the same time, if there's anything that seriously stands out as terrible grammatically, I guess that counts as a point against this story. I sort of wondered about the usage of "anyhow" in some instances, but I don't really think it's necessarily so much erroneous as it is somewhat unusual (other people probably might have opted to use "anyway" or "anyways".) I don't really have a problem with the word "anyhow", I'm just saying.
Well, that story was kind of cringe. I don't know if I can say it's the worst story I've ever made, though. That (dis?)honor might go to some old stuff I wrote in my distant childhood, but at the same time I can't necessarily be too sure of that. In any case, this story is definitely not the best story I've ever written. Personally, I don't think I know what I'd consider my best story. I probably don't have time to definitively rank everything I do. In any case, I do know this story is kind of bad. It's not too bad, I guess, but if I were to do a thing titled "My Top 10 Best Stories", this would not be in that. In fact, it might not even be in "My Top 100 Best Stories". "My Top 1,000,000 Best Stories", maybe it could be, but if I were to make that I might be missing the point of electing specific stories as "the best". At that point, I'd probably be left with a very small amount of non-"best" stories if any. Anyways, you get the point. This story is not necessarily my worst, but it's definitely not my best (in terms of stories I write in general; I wouldn't know where it ranks in terms of the PBworks stories and other things.)

So that's it. Leave feedback if you want to. Don't have to, of course.
TheNewTK421
Level 28 : Expert Miner