Starting a Towny Survival Server, Looking for Help

Woodilicious's Avatar Woodilicious5/23/20 12:10 am
1 emeralds 57
Hey all,
It's been a few years since I've posted to the forums here (or even played Minecraft in general), but I've gotten back into it as a result of what's going on in the world currently. Since it's hardly fun to play without other people, I decided to startup a Towny Survival Server, except I'm not completely sure of what way to go with it.

I'm looking for a few people (honestly no idea how many) who are willing to help out with suggestions, features, and management in general, as I am a college student with a pretty busy schedule for the next 6-7 months.

The goal is to keep an enhanced vanilla experience with the server. In short, that means keeping basically a survival vanilla experience, with a few gameplay modifications to allow collaboration of players, and protection from abusers (Plugins are listed below). To keep with the vanilla survival theme, there will be no options to pay using real money for benefits. This is a non-profit server that is being hosted out of my own pocket, and monetary contributions will be declined.

Current Plugin List:

General Plugins: (Plugins that fit either multiple or no other categories)
  -Essentials

Command-Management:
  -LuckPerms

World Management:
  -WorldEdit
  -WorldGuard
  -Towny
  -CoreProtect

Trivial Functionality:
  -DropHeads (Allows all mobs and players to be able to drop their heads)
  -WildBlaze (Allows blazes to drop blaze rods even if not killed by player)
  -SpawnerSIlk (Allows players to slik-touch spawners)
  -Vault (In-game economy system)
  -ChestShop (Allows players to buy/sell items to the server/other players in exchange for in-game currency)
  -SinglePlayerSleep (Allows time to be set to day if only one player sleeps) (Might be removed on official server deployment)

Currently all I need are moderation/administration staff who are willing to suggest plugins/features/content that should be added to follow the "enhanced vanilla" experience previously described, as well as handle the general management of the server while I am away (although currently with the server being brand new, there isn't a whole lot of manage at this time).

There are no real requirements for any of the positions besides the ability to respect the (pretty relaxed) rules. I might be a college student in the last 6 months of classes, but I realize that a huge part of the Minecraft community is made up of people of younger ages, so there is no age-related bias in the application process. While having some experience with administrative plugins/responsibilities would be nice, I have no problem giving you either a rundown of how to use them or a link to the plugin documentation.

The current server rank hierarchy is [Administrator] > [Moderator] > [Helper] > [Default]

With the server currently in its development stage and non-public, right now positions are trivial. However, when it does go public, these are what you will expect from the ranks:

As a Helper, you will be able to create a Nation in Towny. You will also have the ability to view other players' inventory (to check for illegal/unrealistic/modified/hacked items), as well as the ability to kick or mute players.
As a Helper, you will not be able to ban a player in any way. That being said, If someone has done something that warrants a ban, your word carries a lot more weight to the appropriate people who are able to ban a player. You will also not be able to change gamemode, as that is also something that is easily-abused, and for the time being it is reserved for completely trusted individuals (however that is subject to change)

As a Moderator, as well as all of the abilities of a Helper, you will be able to inspect any ChestShop on the server. Even though distributing illegal/modded items is both rare and unlikely, it is an ability you have to make sure doesn't happen. You also have the ability to use basic CoreProtect (Grief Prevention) tools, by either inspecting a current (or destroyed) block, or looking up a player's break/destroy/access history. You also have the ability to use the broadcast command (to convey an important message to the server), as well as the ability to use /kill on players. Most importantly, you will have the ability to tempban, ban, or ban a player's IP address. However, these actions are non-reversible by Moderators, so it will be your responsibility to ban accordingly and accurately, without making assumptions.
As a Moderator, you will not be able to unban a player. Temporary bans will expire, so they will likely be your go-to if a situation requires such action. Similar to a Helper, you will not be able to change your gamemode until it is believed with certainty that it will not be abused

As an Administrator, you will have access to almost every command on the server. You will have the ability to do everything a Moderator does, as well as the ability to unban players and their IPs. This position also allows you to have full access to the ChestShop plugin, as well as the ability to rollback certain areas/players using CoreProtect. In the unlikely event that CoreProtect doesn't restore a player's items/builds, you will also be given permission to either change your game mode or use the /give command. You will also have access to the unrestricted /tp command.
As an Administrator, you will not be restricted access to many commands. Frankly, I can't think of any at the time of writing this. However, this position is reserved for people who I have the utmost trust for, and will be given to people with time.

To apply for any of these positions, you can either fill out this application as a reply and I'll get back to you, or you can skip the middle man and add me on Discord => Woodilicious#9996 (In the past, people have told me they were unable to find me on Discord. If you are having trouble, don't worry, just fill out the application here and I'll get back to ya)

Your Name:
(or what you go by)
Your Discord Username: (yourName#xxxx)
What Position You'd Like: (This is not guaranteed to be the position you get if any, but it gives me a general idea of what to look for in you)
Your Local Timezone: (just to give me an idea of what time is appropriate to reach out to you)

My apologies for the long post. Here is a bunny for your efforts
(\__/)

(>'.'<)
('')_('')
Woodilicious
Level 36 : Artisan Blockhead