Sick Day I

IGEBM's Avatar IGEBM12/16/23 12:38 pm
6 emeralds 166
Here's a little story about my day yesterday, since it was both fun and not fun at the same time. Enjoy!

Prelude - The Day Before Yesterday

Thursday was a literal Hell for me. As if waking up 30 minutes late (I didn't set my alarm) wasn't bad enough, I was coughing and sneezing all day, and my nose was running the whole time. I either wiped it on my sleeve or, if the classroom had a box, blew my nose with a tissue. When I got home, it continued, and I paused several times while washing the dishes (because I didn't do them in the morning like I normally do). Before dinner, my mom got the thermometer and checked my temperature. I think it was 101 or 103°. We watched a black-ish episode about being sick ("Daddy Dre-Care") while eating, and then the episode after ("Good-ish Times"). Despite my mom recommending I get some rest, I stayed up late on my iPad playing Tranformers: Earth Wars. I was feeling too sick to draw another Weapons of Anarchy drawing, so I just updated the blog with the communicator. I eventually fell asleep, with the iPad somewhere under my animals, and tossed and turned all night. I half-woke up, if you get what I mean, several times.

Sick Day I

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock feeling very lethargic, and slept in after turning it off. When I finally did awake around 8, I played games for a little bit, and then my mom came in to check on me. I got up and went to use the bathroom, but as I did my business, I began to feel lightheaded, and after I came out, I told this to my mom about three times. I barely made it to the couch, where I laid down and covered myself with the blanket. My mom asked if I wanted breakfast, so I weakly told her yes, and she put a pair of waffles in the toaster. She brought me a tray with a plate, fork, and knife, as well as a large bottle of water. She also got the tissue box from my room. A few minutes later, the waffles were ready, and she poured the syrup on them and sat down on the couch next to me. I turned on the TV and opened YouTube, finding The Transformers and watching my favorite episode, "City of Steel." After that, we watched "Fire on the Mountain," and by then, I was feeling better, so I got up and went to get ready.

I returned to the living room with my plush giraffe, Gerry (you've seen him before), my iPad and charger, and my phone, and sat down to play games. I spent most of the day playing Earth Wars and grinding on the Ark Attack weekend event. I got in a couple of full runs (raiding Autobot bases with all of my available squads to score points), and whenever I got enough fuel cells, I'd raid another base with my strongest available squad (they have cooldowns). While I waited for cells to recharge, I talked to my fellow Decepticons in the global chat, mainly about Titans. The goal for my alliance was to score at least 30k points by the end of the day, since we could unlock a 2-star Nemesis (the new Titan) at 95k (and the event lasts for 3 days, so...), and we ultimately did reach that goal last night.

While we both played games on the couch (my mom was building vacation homes in Animal Crossing: New Horizons), me and my mom started watching 90 Day Fiancé season 8. I paused the show when she had to go in her room for a meeting that lasted until 2. Noon soon came (hey, that rhymes), and I put some chicken strips in the microwave for lunch. Since I had the new Legacy: United Titan Class Tidal Wave on my mind, I decided to watch Transformers: Armada, but more specifically, his debut episode, "Awakening." After it finished, I watched the next one, "Desperate," which continues the story. I then played more Earth Wars, and my mom came back a few minutes after her meeting ended. She went downstairs and brought back a few tissue boxes with tissues that had lotion on them, and she also gave me some orange juice. We spent the remainder of the afternoon watching 90 Day, and she ordered dinner from my favorite restaurant.

Around 8:30, I got ready for bed, and after I said good night to her, I went back to playing Earth Wars. I was able to recruit a new alliance member, although as far as I know, they haven't participated in the event, so unless they do, the commander's gonna be booting them along with all the other freeloaders before we hit 95k. I took a brief break to watch the Tidal Wave boss fight from the Armada PS2 game, and then watch some music videos, but other than that, I spent the night playing Earth Wars while playing AugustTheDuck videos in the background. I started on my Christmas gift to the global chat, but I'm probably gonna redo it tonight.

Well, that was yesterday (and the day before)! I'm probably gonna write another thread tomorrow about today, and then one on Monday about Sunday. Hopefully I'll be feeling good enough to go to school on Monday. Anyways, hope you liked it! (Oh yeah, before you go, I forgot to tell add that every other time my mom checked my temperature, I had a fever. It would go 98°, then 101°, then 98, and so on. It was pretty funny.)
IGEBM
Level 55 : Grandmaster Loremaster